Guys: height worries?

I'm taller than my boyfriend. I'm basically 5'6(5.75) and he's about an inch or 2 shorter than me and he says its "de-manizing" if that makes sense. Now, I LOVE heels,but I'd feel awkward/bad because he'd be uncomfortable. I honestly kinda wish that he was taller or that he will get taller even though that sounds vain, is he being overly critical about himself and/or(and I know this is a stretch)our relationship? Am I being overly vain? Is he being overly sensitive?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm short, a little over 5'5, but I am not bothered at all about dating a girl taller than me. I don't think height affects manliness or femininity. So personally I think he is being oversensitive. To me it's not fair to tell a girl what she can and cannot wear based on your own insecurities. I think you should talk to him about it though. Maybe you can come to a compromise

• He never straight out told me that he didn't want me to wear heels,I just don't want to make him feel bad since I know how much it bothers him. I've talked to him about it before but its not something that he'll overlook or remotely try to work through or around

• Its weird though cuz,I've been with him for 4 years and I'm not gonna drop him like that for some heels lol because when I say heels I'm talking in the 3-4in range which would really make things worse but,the idea of him being worth going without heels seems pretty reasonable. I'm just so tired with the inscurities. I mean,I have mine too that are pretty obvious ut I try not to harp on them like he does.

• thanks for BA. hope everything works out!

What Guys Said 2

• You both have perfectly natural feelings. You just have to adjust a little. Both of you. Find place in between high heels and no heels. Or alter.

My mom is taller than my father. And it was little awkward when they gone out at first but they accustomed to it and they don't mind any more.

• I just don't wear heels when I'm with him, period. I wear flats. It's sometimes kind awkward with him being a bit shorter but for the most part it doesn't bother. It only bothers him :-\

• I do support him,as much as possible,and its like it goes through one ear and out the other like what I say doesn't matter at all. So its almost like there's no point in trying to help him anymore because it doesn't matter to him and that's the only person its intended to help

• Ooooou. Fact that he resists does not mean that it does not matter. It might. Try every time you get opportunity. Tell him that you love him no matter the height when this arises. It would matter with me.

• Your going to have to find a guy that can handle it or a guy that is taller than you it's about that simple.

What Girls Said 1

• He is being overly insecure... And if you wish he could be taller, that is an issue as well. I am 6' tall and have dated shorter men, so I understand. That said...when I was in high school height was a HUGE issue, as I got older and guys did too it was much less of an issue. Now I find shorter men hitting on me all the time...