Tattooing my boyfriends name on my wrist?

well I am 18 years old and me and my boyfriend are engaged and have been together for 8 months I'm sure some of you are thinking its not long enough but I love him more then anything in this world I have been in love with him since the third grade I just would like to know what you think and I mean even if we don't

last he will always be my best friend any advice is I greatly appreciated

hes also getting my name on his wrist

Most Helpful Girl

• When you get it done and one day look back and realize how blind you were while agreeing to it you are going to hate it and possibly yourself.

If anything get puzzle pieces that fit together or something. Like:

link or maybe even link

At least that will be easier to explain to your husband than the name "Dave" on you. And puzzle pieces stand for Autism awareness so if the relationship doesn't work you'll be a walking advertisement for a good cause.:p

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 4

• I would not do it at all. A woman I was dating was telling me that we should do this one day... I was against it. Years down the road we ended up breaking up lol. Good thing that I stuck to my guns.

• Listen to all the answers here. You never know what life you bring you so never do a tattoo with someones name on it.

• I almost went this route, don't f***ing do it.

• hahahahahaah hahahahahahahaqh omg my eyes are tearing up.

What Girls Said 8

• it's been said that it's a "Jinx" towards the relationship..I know at least three people who did this and were happily in love and then some time after it ended...so instead of getting his name can't you guys get like matching tattoos or something

something like this? link (obviously this isn't a real tattoo) but get it on the side of your wrist so when you hold hands it's a complete heart..I think that's pretty cute

• Honestly, I know that you think this is some kind of testament to your love. But ultimately you have to be smart. Things happen that people don't prepare for, or don't want to come about. Hypothetically, what happens if you DO break up? You'll still be friends? Okay. Then what happens when you start dating someone new and they have to look at your ex's name all the time?

If anything, get something that represents him, or is personal to you both. Names of lovers is not only tacky, but you're getting something etched into your skin that you probably won't want there forever. Also, wrist tattoos severely restrict professions you can enter (stupid, but true).

• I had similar thoughts and feelings towards a person. It didn't last. And contrary to what was led to be believed, we're not in touch anymore. There is a lot of change and unpredictability in life. I say don't do it.

• Nothing lasts forever...and that includes people being in your life forever.Dont do it.

• I wouldn't. I would do something more for myself and not him.

• I wouldn't do it, there is a good chance of you guys breaking up in the future.

• wouldn't recommend it

• Something a lot less permanent is a better idea!