Do men really hate when your hair is up?

Like do you guys really hate when girls have their hair in a ponytail, bun, or when girls have bangs? I just read something where guys said they hate these 3 styles and I thought it was blasphemy.

What is your take on this?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm generally not a fan of having hair "up". I like long hair and I like to see it flowing down on your shoulders or down your back; that makes it beautiful.

I have no problem with pony tails, pig tails, braids, or anything like that, but I don't like buns or other "up" styles.

Bangs are fine if they go with your hair style and overall look. You couldn't pull off a good Bettie Page look without them, for example.

• So you like bangs and ponytails but not buns? Fair enough.

What Guys Said 12

• pony tail is fine, but the others, they don't look right, but a bun can look OK if dressed up and styled correctly, a bang? not sue what my take is on that, don't see it often enough, but a pony tail is fine, can be attrative, depends how long the hair is I suppose,x

• I like ponytails, but I despise anything more than one - pigtails or when gals to them off to the left or whatever... In the back, as is normal, yes. I don't like buns, they remind me of old ladies, personally... And they rarely look good lol There's a gal a work who puts her hair in a bun and by the end of the night she has hair sticking out everywhere... It depends on what she does with her bangs, I guess... But generally I like 'em, I guess...

• So ponytails and bangs are fine but buns you don't like. Alright, that will work lol.

• Here in China these stles are univeral and they are so charmng, so girl-next-door and pert, and the peronalities mainly match the hair styles...

• Bun yes. The other two, no.

• You hate the bun but not the ponytail or bangs? Fine by me.

• I like pony tails because they make me think of active girls. Whenever you see a girl working out in the gym or playing some sort of sport she's got her hair thrown back into a pony tail. And for that reason I love it.

• Alright.

• Ponytail - like.

Bun - like

Bangs - only like if really long.

• I'm fine with ponytails and buns, I get that they're practical sometimes and I think girls can still look sexy in them (bit harder in buns but still possible). Not a fan of bangs though. I don't really know why, I've just never liked them.

• No. I like it any way that she wears her hair. There are time and place to have a ponytail such as heavy house cleaning.

• Naw..hair down is best...but all three of those are fine with me...males are usually pretty accepting of females and whatever way they have their hair...(:

• I think women look much prettier when their hair is down and not tied up

• Sorry women don't need to wear their hair down 24/7 there is no reason for it.

• I don't disagree with that at all. Especially in the heat, working in the food or health industries I can see why it would be more comfortable and mandentory in some of those cases. I just said for me personally the same girl would look prettier to me when her hair is down and that doesn't mean I wouldn't like her when it's up. I'd be a pretty lonely guy! lol

• i love ponytails..

• not hatred but a simple dislike

• Why would you dislike when a girl has bangs, a ponytail, or a bun? What do you expect every female to have long straight hair and that's it?

• Pig tails can be hot, otherwise not so much. I don't hate it, I just prefer it down.

What Girls Said 3

• Guys will always say they like a girls hair down. Honestly I don't get it.

I prefer having my hair in a super sleek high ponytail or a side ponytail especially when it's curly. My eyes and cheekbones are the two things I like about my face and they stand out more with ponytail.

• Lots of guys are different; we should just do whatever we like with our hair

• they definitely like it better down. or at least half down. but do what makes you happy. I also just think that having long hanging down hair is prettier on any girl. hair up or tied back looks severe and less feminine to me. or sloppy.