Why do taller women tend to end up with taller men?

Why is it that it seems taller women have a real problem interacting with shorter guys.

Most Helpful Girl

• It is a hidden desire in their minds that they must breed with men of equal or more height! It is a subconsious thing!

What Girls Said 6

• Yeah .. I am pretty tall and I find it hard to deal with shorter guys .. the feeling that men should be bigger and physically stronger .. and me being taller.. makes me feel that I am a giant hulk .. it feels bad being bigger than the big... Okay that didn't make sense lol .. but anyway yes I find it weird talking to shorter guys..

• exactlyyyyy...it makes us feel we are too big! and its hurt our confidence :P

• because most women want a guy taller than them, and taller women have to date really tall men for them to date a guy whos taller than them

• They might feel self concious around a guy who's shorter. One of my good friends is really tall and I can tell she feels self concious about her height when a shorter guy is taking interest in her because she feels "big". She has said that she thinks a shorter guy will look funny next to her

• Either:

a) because they feel uncomfortable with shorter guys/more comfortable with taller guys: some girls like to feel "protected" and/or feminine. They don't feel that way with men who are shorter than them; or

b) because short guys don't like tall girls: most guys will say they don't want a girl taller than them because it's emasculating.

Personally, I'm tall and I'd date someone shorter than me. Even then, not more than a few inches (I don't think) because I think it would be awkward.

• Because girls usually like guys who are taller than them

• Because a girl wants a protector and a shorter guy doesn't seem as if he could be able to protect her, unlike the taller guy. Hope this helps :)

What Guys Said 1

• All girls chase tall guys. I'm 6'3" and end up with short girls a lot so the tall women are not "ending up with me". I've got two tall girls that I'm flirting with at the moment (around 5'8"). They are more chasing me then I am them though. They are both good look girls, but I'm kind of meh on them. I don't know. They model... I'm not really into that tall slender look for whatever reason. They just don't have the curves that I like, or it just seems that way because they are tall and almost lanky in my opinion.