How do you find a good hair style?

My hair is really curly, in the morning I look like Don King or Albert Einstein. I want to grow it out, I don't really like it short, I have tried to gel it down and I don't like that much either. I don't really have anyone to ask about my hair and I don't know much about hair or style.

Most Helpful Girl

• Thank god you don't like it short. I love curly hair on guys.

Have you tried mousse? I think it gives a softer feel than gel and helps to define curls. There are a lot of products out there designed to give frizzy/messy curls a tamer look.

You should go to a hair salon and ask for a consultation. Who better to help you than a professional who deals with hair everyday? They should have some good tips and ideas.

• Yeah that's what my mother keeps telling me "oh I just love your curly hair!!!" personally I don't mind a wavy or even curls but the longer my hair gets the more it sticks out.

btw thanks for the mousse tip I might give it a try.

• Well, I'm not your mother -- so I have no reason to lie to you about loving curly hair (not to imply that she is, or anything). Shoulder length curls would be a bit much, but I think around ear length or a bit shorter would look amazing. I nearly cried when my male friend had to cut his hair short for ROTC.

If you're not embarrassed, you can go to link to look for other products that help curls look less chaotic.

What Girls Said 5

• hair styles really depend on the bone structure of someone's face... since I can't see you there isn't much I can say but for me I like guys with short, medium and long hair... but the biggest turn on though, is if a guy can actually pull off the long hair look (long and straight/wavy) that is very sexy (kinda like Sebastian Bach from Skid Row or the AndrĂ© Linman from Sturm und Drang, they have very sexy hair and they can pull it off)...

Sebastian Bach...

link

link

André Linman...

link

link

good luck... your gonna have the girls all over you XD

• try straightning it. since your hair is really curly that will be a change. you can also straighten it wit a blow drier and then make big waves. that looks really good.

• Sticking to your hairs natural texture is best. Find a styling product that helps calm down the curls and makes them more relaxed.

• awww. that's cute. you look like bert in the morning. well um, I usually go online and check the trendiest hairstyles there are out there and see them for myself and then I would go and find some magazines to check otu the hairstyles.

• Go to your hairdresser (or any hairdresser) and tell them your concerns. They'll help you out and perhaps flip through some hair magazines to find some ideas for you.

What Guys Said 1

• i don't know much either, especially not about curly hair

but my approach would be to experiment with different styles.