What's up with girls and booty shorts?

i have always been curious as to why most girls want to wear booty shorts? especially when half their ass is hanging out.

me? I hate booty shorts I think they are way to short and I mean come on have SOME class. I guess that's how my ma raised me. I can understand if you wanna wear short shorts with a baiting suit but I just don't find the appeal of it in every day wear.

is it only to look sexy for the guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• They're a hella lot sexier than thongs are. Thongs are tacky and disgusting.

• haha okayyy? but seriously, I don't get how guys and girls like that! I mean if you got a girlfriend and she wears these shorts were her ass is hangin out, you'd like that?

• See I didn't even know it was you until you unveiled yourself. Yet we still agreed! <33<33 <33 XD

• PMSL ! <3

What Guys Said 9

• I don't like the look but I'm probably like the only guy that thinks that lol

• Yes that's why, and it works :)

• they're hot

• I do and I don't. I'm my girlfriend were going to wear booty shorts that shows her ass in public. Then I wouldn't really like it just because of other people looking and there are some creeps out there. As for just us 2 at home just hanging out, then I don't care how short they are.

• It's hot out?

• in my town iv seen girls wearing short shorts during winter. its insane, in my opinion.

• thank you sephora, I totally agree with you

• Because they have a better body?

• Booty shorts are so hot

• Girls who lack class and want to show dat azz. A self respecting woman would rather wear a mini.

• booty shorts are very attractive on a girl especially if they have very beautiful thighs

• I prefer a girl who is modest over a girl that lets everything hang out. I agree... class is better than showing off your body.

What Girls Said 6

• I couldn't agree more. Luckily I don't see too many girls wearing them. What I do see around here is girls wearing ripped short shorts with big holes. Just as bad lol

• ugh in my town that's what most of the girls wear, even during winter! and yeah iv noticed that too! I just don't get it :/

• Can cover up the back...I am much more interested in her front side! <3

• Hopefully they grow out of it. :D

• It attracts male attention?

Class isn't always what guys are looking for (contrary to belief). if that was the case the girls with "class" wouldn't feel the need to put other girls down and act all condescending.

And no, I don't wear short shorts. in fact, I don't wear any shorts.

• do you mean booty shorts as underwear? I don't think there is anything wrong with them.

But regular shorts, that are so short you see their bare ass hanging out is gross.lol

• no I agree I like wearing booty shorts underwear.

but I'm talking bout regular shorts and thank you! ha ha I think its gross too!

• ironic, I go to uk dailymail, after looking at your comment and I see this.

link

• Where I live in summer heaps of the girls under 25 wear them no matter if they have the body of not, I think it isn't that hot that you need to be wearing so little and it isn't fashionable or remotely classy. But whatever floats their boat.

• I do NOT see most girls with half of their butt hanging out...and I live near a beach.

For the girls who do, they're attention whores. Yes it is to get guy's attention. Never believe a girl if she says it isn't, unless she's a lesbian (then it would be to get girl's attention in that case). It just screams desperate to me.

• They're to attract men.

When (most) guys see a woman's goodies hanging out, they are like a Dog seeing a chicken bone. They become very hungry and want that bone right away.

These women will only be viewed as sex objections and probably nothing more because that is what they are portraying themselves to be.

Real men like those who still show some but leave a lot to the imagaination.