Tiny athletic shorts with flip flops and no panties?

Why do so many college girls wear those short cotton, mesh, or wind suit material shorts, with flip flops, and no panties?

I've been to a few campuses and this seems to be the style among so many girls. This is NOT fitness gear. I see girls wear it everywhere plus flip flops are hard to exercise in.

Girls do you wear this? What makes it so popular?

The shorts I'm talking about aren't really all that flattering anyway. Yes they are short but they're kinda baggy. Plus the girls who choose to wear them without panties think it makes their butt look good but actually makes it look as flat as a pancake.
link

They're like that.

And girls usually fold the waist bands over.

Most Helpful Guy

• Because they know they look hot and sexy in them? That would be my guess. College is a competitive environment, and many of them want the attention. And I'm sure the girls would say "they look cute."

• Well I wouldn't exactly say it looks cute. It's not a very put together look and it's definitely not unique.

• Exactly, p.l.c. Guys aren't fashion critics; they just enjoy looking at hot girls, and when girls want male attention, or to feel like she's hotter than another girl, she'll take advantage of that by wearing a skimpy outfit, because it works.

• Well I was saying that in response to "And I'm sure the girls would say 'they look cute'".

What Guys Said 5

• They don't wear it because it is fitness gear, they wear it because it's 'get the boy's attention' gear.

• eh? Well, when did fashion ever make any sense? High Heels for example? And..just what is your position on this latest juvenile trend for shaving pubic hair? I would rather deal with piercings than tattoos..ugh...and thongs..really disgusting.../:/:/:

• I've noticed that a lot too, my guess is since everyone's on a health craze especially teenage girls in college they grew fond of wearing gym shorts especially since I can image they can wear them easily with a t-shirt and vans or tennis shoes or w/e and still look good

• Nah they're worn with flip flops 9 times out 10. Tennis shoes would give them the athletic look you're talking about. But maybe you are right. They probably want to give off the impression of being into health and fitness like they just walked out of the gym. Some of the fat girls and girls with spongebob squarepants bodies who wear them aren't fooling anyone though.

• Sounds hot, and you say all the girls at your school wear this?

• Not anywhere near all but enough to notice the trend.

• You need to go for your own life..whether that be conservative...or liberal...

• What the hell are you talking about?

What Girls Said 3

• Ohhh I was wondering what you meant. They actually are great for fitness if you use them for that because they are loose and wicking. I have a pair and I love them. They are unattractive though because they do make your butt look flat but I don't really dress to impress when I workout. Oh and I don't get why so many people are walking around in them because they don't really look that hot...

• My friends & I do that after working out...I mean, if we workout and it's hot as hell in Tx, why not? Sometimes we're too lazy to get all dressed up.

I understand not liking it(in the same manner some don't like leggings), but I don't think either is the end all

I think you're overreacting...cause no one else seems to see the problem.

• Well the girls here wear it as something other than fitness wear. I'm not overreacting just questioning it. I'm not even saying I dislike it. What I am saying is I want to know the origin and details of this trend.

• The style is similar but the kind girls here wear the kind that is looser and made of cotton, mesh, or wind suit material and roll the waist bands to make them shorter. They're usually brands like Puma, Asics. Or these cotton pajama-like link

• Like Soffe? I don't wear those & I only notice the cheerleaders wear them. I wear the ones made of the material you posted. They're usually made out of the same material as windbreakers.

I think the soffe ones are hard to pull off. Basically have to have the perfect ass to do so.

• I've never noticed?