Why do some girls underestimate you?

I used to have a friend who weighed between 170 - 190 pounds and she always got the most AMAZING guys to date her... like some of them were studying to be doctors, some of them worked in corporate finance... a lot of the were 6 feet tall or higher, with about 8% body fat or otherwise skinny in some other way, many of them were lawyers etc... and I was always shocked that she was able to get such amazing guys to date her...

I told my friend last week that I volunteered at a party for disabled people and I had 6 guys hit on me in one night and she accused me of lying... like I don't think I'd be able to attract 6 corporate lawyers in one day but these guys are disabled so they are more interested and available than the millionaires or supermodels...

Why did I underestimate my friend whose married to a 6"4 lawyer right now and why did my friend underestimate me?

What do I have that she doesn't realize?

And what did my 190 pound friend have that I didn't realize?

Thanks for answering

Most Helpful Guy

• Just like you're only focusing on her weight, she might be focusing on some quality of yours that she thinks is unattractive. Girls need to stop evaluating each other.

Even then, 6 guys in one night would probably cause surprise to anyone, it's probably not that she thinks you couldn't attract guys, it would seem unlikely even if you were insanely attractive.

When you talk about these "amazing guys," is there any reason why their "amazing" qualities are their looks and height?

"my 190 pound friend"

"married to a 6"4 lawyer"

Gee, maybe there's more to it than that, maybe she has an attractive personality.

What Guys Said 9

• Focus LESS on the outside and more on the inside.

Guys enjoy a beautiful girl, no doubt about that, but a guy's definition of beauty will be all over the map (every guy is different), and not nearly as narrow as you assume. But personality is far more important; as long as he isn't totally turned off by the girl's looks/appearance, then personality is the main thing he's going to use to decide to persue her or not.

Girls get so caught up on external appearences that they forget that anything else is important, both for themselves, and for their friends.

• it's question like these that make me realize just how shallow girls can be. weight, height and status are not the only three things that are important in life. true friendship is much more important, although it doesn't sound like you guys have that. what is it, jealousy? a competition to see which of you is the most attractive?

• Someone sounds jealous and a bitch. That's probably the reason.

• Multiple money, height, and good looking references, I guess it really does matter. Sorry I'm not a 6'5” lawyer.

• Stop trying to compare your life to hers... Just because some one is a lawyer or doctor does not make them a good catch... Perhaps one of those disabled men have more to offer...

• I know girls underestimate me all the time and I feel the same way :( at school and stuff I can't get a girlfriend because I look like a stick with my shirt on :(

• there is more in life than just looks

• "but these guys are disabled so they are more interested and available than the millionaires or supermodels..."

Such a disgustingly shallow thing to say, on so many levels.

The further away your are from genius and wealth the more desperate you become?

You disgust me.

But, of course your right, 6"5 billionaires with 12' cocks and 16 exotic sports cars are the only eligible bachelors.

• I'm sure there is a sufficiently ugly 6'4" corporate lawyer out there who would marry you as well.

What Girls Said 4

• You're too focused on the physical(imperfect) qualities of your friend so much to the point that you can't even see the real reason why these men are drawn to her. Maybe she has something personality wise that can't be seen with the eyes. Maybe it takes someone who isn't judgmental of her right off the bat to see it. MAYBE it takes someone actually liking/loving this woman for who she is in order to see it.

MAYBE the reason why you can't attract these types of men is the same reason that is permeating from this question. MAYBE it takes more of looking inward within your self rather than outward judging others.

• She sounds fat. Be glad you're not fat.

• Maybe she was just surprised because you never attracted a guy like that before?

Sounds like you're both feeling insecure from each other

• What kind of f***ed up friendship do you two have?

Most of my female friends have been kind and supportive, you two both seem to think so lowly of yourselves that you have to try to hold the other one down.