Would you stay single because you didn't like your body type?

Like,did you ever look in the mirror , hate your body's appearance and stay away from relationships because you felt insecure?

or have you never felt this way?

Most Helpful Girl

• well I ddnt want to be in a relationship anyways, but I think when I was extremely thin- I'm thin now but I mean extremely- I thought it'd be awkward, because if e have sex or w.e, he'd get bruised rom my bones. I doubt id have been in a relationship, being that thin. tho as I say not sure, because I didn't want to be in one, till recently.

• i see.

but the main thing is, you probably gained some weight and now your happy and confident enuff .

• oh I get it. thanks for sharing. all is well now I hope. :)

• it was then too. just not for sex.

and thanks.

What Girls Said 8

• Nope. Even if I didn't like my own body, it wouldn't necessarily mean somebody else couldn't like it or me in spite of my body.

• noo, I never knew people thought this lol I feel like that shouldn't be a reason to stay away from relationships only because if someone likes you the way you are, but you don't, then you're just missing out

• i hate the way I look that's why I stay single I call myself fat and ugly but only some guys say I am but the rest don't its really disturbing.

• Very good question...

I do feel insecure about my looks and its probably one of MANY other reasons I stay away from relationships.

• i understand you.

but at the same time, why should we put our lives on hold because of this. every1 else is living you know!

• YES! I'm very insecured about my body!

• well before I worked out I use to.. how it worked out was that the better my body became the more my self-confidence increased.

• Honestly, Yeah I'm sure everyone gets insecure now and then, but if you get in a relationship it does get much easier.

Also everyone is different and don't let anything get in the way of happiness because in the end there is someone for everyone (: x

• I believe you are also correct in what you say.

There is some1 for every1 no matter what you like.

People are living proof of that.Or our eye's for that matter.

• Yes.. I told a guy I just wanted to stay friends because I was scared what he would think of me when we got physical...

• i feel for you.

letting him choose for himself whether he's like you physically is easier said than done isn't it.

• exactly

What Guys Said 4

• I don't stay away from relationships because of it, but it could make me be less likely to ask women out.

• No I've never thought that. It's always been my confidence which has made me stay away from relationships but that has drastically improved over the last few years so now I'm pretty content :)

• my body looks good enough granted I don't love it so it wouldn't stop me from being in a relationship

• Yep, I sort of feel that way. I feel like if I don't look good enough then I don't feel dateable. Right now I'm losing weight before the summer starts.

• i see. some people say why should you change just so other people will like you, but if it makes you feel better about yourself why not , you know? good luck btw.

• Appreciate it.