Does a nice body make up for a guy who is a little physically unattractive?

i sometimes feel that I look unattractive. I have a little body weight I could probably lost 10-20 pounds maybe. so I was wondering if I were to get in shape, have muscles six pack e.t.c...would that make up for my attractiveness? and don't say it's all about personality...sure it may be but you don't notice someones personality first all the time..you'll most likely notice how attractive they are, then you'll get to know the person..

Most Helpful Girl

• i know you said not to say it's all about personality (which it isn't, we're all humans and we're all at least a little superficial) but psychological studies have shown that girls/women tend to choose people based more heavily on personality than appearance while it is the other way around for men.

also, being attractive is very subjective. just because you think you're unattractive doesn't mean everyone does.

now answering in the way you wanted us to, a nice body does help because it shows you take care of yourself. your body is much more in your control than your face is. but having a nice body doesn't hurt. :)

What Girls Said 5

• Different people find different things attractive. Facial features are no different. Being fit always helps you attract mates, but no need to obsess about it. Work on developing some interests and conversation skills and don't let yourself get out of shape and you should do fine.

• I would give almost any guy a chance regardless of physical appearance. One of my guy friends described my es as "dumpy" and, objectively, I will admit that he was. But, that didn't matter because it was his personality I was more attracted to. AND, softer guys are better at cuddling ;)

• yes! ull attract all sorts of girls... just make sure to pick the right one!

• If a guy has a face I don't find attractive, and has a 6pack I still wouldn't find him attractive.

• think of it from your point of view, does a nice body make up from a girl being a little physically unnattractive? There's your answer. Women and men really aren't that different.

What Guys Said 1