Do you like fake nails?

when a girl wears those fake nails, hot or not?

share your opinion.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 15

• I think it depends. Fake nails done right can really compliment an outfit and look clean and professional. I wear them on occasion for professional events that I attend. I have a history of biting my nails, so it's nice to wear fakes like this: link

What is silly is when someone has like 5 inch nails that are some crazy color, or colors and have a bunch of crap stuck to them. Like this: link

That is a bit much, and can really look silly. Now for Halloween that would be fine if you were dressing up as Nicki Minaj, but for regular day-to-day wear, it's just silly and impractical.

I think fake nails that look natural, can really enhance someone's appearance. Because I do bite my nails so fake ones make my hands look longer, leaner and more womanly :P

• When I was younger I used to bite my nails a ridiculous amount - they were pretty much only half there - it was horrible. Anyway - a couple of times when I had more 'fancy' events to go to; a wedding or something, I'd wear fake ones. They were annoying. You could tell they were fake, even though they weren't really long. I spent the whole time paranoid about picking things up too incase I snapped one off - they were just impractical.

Since I've grown my nails, and yeah - long natural nails are far better, in my opinion, than fake ones. They're easier to maintain. Look better.

• I put an overlay on my natural nails. What that means is I have a thin layer of product put over my real nail. In my case, it's acrylic. My nails are very weak, so this allows me to have just a little bit of a free edge without it ripping or snapping all the time. The nail polish stays on longer, too.

My boyfriend prefers that I have the overlay. He likes the way it feels when I tickle or scratch his back, arms, etc.

I've had them much longer in the past and even pointed around Halloween (which was a real hit with the boyfriend, too). For me, they aren't difficult to deal with. They actually make things much easier because I'm not afraid I'm going to break a nail way up on the skin - that hurts and it's gross.

Depending on the type of work and if it's done well, it can be difficult to tell if someone has "fake" nails. Some really do look trashy, I'll admit.

• They don't limit your abilities to do anything unless you let them, if you get them done professionally they last.. I've played sports and haven't had any problem (I've been getting them done for about a year now). It really depends on how long you get them and if you file them down once your nails grow.

I always get mine relativity short (can't stand girls who get super long ones, that just looks ridiculous).

It's so nice about not having to worry about painting my nails every couple days or them chipping/splitting and plus I think they look great I always get french tips, looks more natural.

I'm getting mine done again soon. So to answer your question, yes.

• they get in the way, you can't eat finger food(which sucks) and you can't play sports! they just limit the things you get to do!

• My nails look fake anyway, because I take care of them. But fake nails, I tried them once for a wedding & they all fell off before & during the wedding. I hated them but I think they suit some people. (not guys)

• No you can't paint them over and over like real ones the only problem is growing them without breakage

• I rather just have my normal nails, fake nails are irritating and get in the way

• I can't do things with them like write with a pencil or text so I don't wear them

• i do since you can do nail art more easily on it

• i can't handle fake nails. I got it done once for a wedding and then I got so irritated. I wanted my normal nails back haha. I don't even like having long nails, I like em short, without nail polish. Just natural

• no taking them off isn't worth the hassle so I don't even put them on

• Yikes no

• It really depends. I have "fake nails" so to speak, because I have acrylic over my natural nails. I don't keep them very long, I usually have them cut them down so there isn't really any "tip" and I don't let them grow too much. And I usually just get a normal color like red or French. My place does a pretty good job, they are fairly thin and if you look at them up close you can tell they are enhanced but they don't scream "FAKE NAILS!"

But those huge ones look ridiculous and tacky.

• It depends. I like fake nails, only if the person keeps them fixed up looking nice. For example, they must continue to get them filled in and looking in top shape. If they let them grow out and don't clean them, then they start looking disgusting.

What Guys Said 1