What is a 5'8 guy supposed to do?

Don't give me personality bullsh*t... EVERYONE deep down knows it's all about the skin, not what lies within. Don't even kid yourself otherwise...

I can't even get 5'5 girls and under to look at me, forget it if she is even moderately attractive. Hell even 4'11 girls want a guy that is like 6'3.

Example: The girl I had a huge crush on a year ago has a picture of her and her boyfriend on Facebook. The girl is like 5'6 and he is a head and a half taller than her! She wouldn't give me time of day but likes this douche? Point proven.

So what are us vertically challenged guys supposed to do? Settling for ugly girls is NOT an option and never will be.

Most Helpful Girl

• 5'8 is average male height in the US - which has the tallest people I believe - don't quote me on the second part :P

Anyway - I'm an Amazon so I like over 6 foot guys, but if I was 5'6 I'd think every guy is tall so.

I'm pretty sure her getting with him, had more to do with personality and her personal attraction factor ( not including height,) and how well they get along, then just focused around height.

The reason you think your height is such a draw back is because your really insecure about it - 9 x outta 10 there is a bunch of other factors interfering with you dating girls from personality flaws in you, personality flaws in her, non - mutual connecting etc etc.

Don't beat yourself up.

My rehabilitation trainer is only 5'6 - almost 5'7 and he is fine as hell. Height isn't an instant deal breaker believe it or not.

But honestly I do always hear girls go " He's short though : \"

Oh wait - but all the girls I hear it from are Amazons like me so what we consider " short " is actually normal.

Don't let it get to ya - there are couples of all heights and sizes.

You can do one of 2 things:

Accept that your that height and will always be that height - but don't let it hold you back from being you and finding a girl -

Or

You can get a terribly painful leg operation in which they break your shins and shove metal rods in them to make you an inch or 2 taller.

Option one seems best - and less painful.

Just sayin lol :P

• If it were affordable I'd go with option 2 lol

• Actually the US used to be the tallest country but it's the Netherlands now.. average male height is like 6'1" tallest in the world.

• Oh okay - wow 6'1? Geeze their signif above average must be pushing like 6'9 :O

@QA

You'd still be average height lol :P But that's what I"m saying, your height is your own.

I've heard several guys say they wouldn't date a girl taller than them - unfortunately for me, I tower over more guys than not :P so my dating pool is already lowered because of that.

But meh. I can be all depressed and try and chop my shins in half - or I can keep rocking 6 inch pumps and seeking guys

What Girls Said 16

• I like guys your height :)

• who would downvote this?

• A (typical) girl that vomits at the sight of short guys?

• I'm 5'7" and I actually find tall guys unattractive. I prefer guys who are 5'7"-5'11" anything above that is a less attractive to me.

• im 5'4 and your height wouldn't bother me in the slightest, you just have to find a girl who doesn't care! that in itself will tell you about her character. There is no magic way for people to be less superficial, but girls saying they don't like short guys is just like you saying you don't like ugly girls, so you can't really complain, beggers can't be chosers? best of luck

• Oh so because I am 5'8 that makes me a begger? In my opinion an ugly girl is far faaaaar worse than a short guy with a decent face.

• well you're talking about just one girl, we are not all the same! look at all the other answers with girls saying they would date you! don't worry! go get em killer.

• Holy crap stop whining! so apparently all girls think the same and won't ever change. so just give up then!

• Uhh I'm almost 5'7, you're more than a whole inch taller than me buddy, I'd date you.:p

It annoys me when girls are like that too, so you aren't alone.

• Any guy over 5ft 6in is good for me...simply cause I'm 5ft and it's not hard to find a guy taller than me. :)

• Maybe you're an ugly guy yourself, outside and inside. Trust me those girls aren't giving you the "time of day" because your short, they don't show any interest because you are a whiny baby.

• My last dude was 5'6 and I'm 5'7

• im like 5'4" and a quarter and my boyfriend is an adorable as fuck guy thats 5'8". he used to be as tall as me two years ago.. he was even cuter with his lady height, but he's still adorable as ever :D

• I know a guy that is 5' 4" and he has a hot girlfriend...

• I highly doubt it. What girls think of as a hot girl is often different than what guys consider a hot girl...

• Haha I know! I see all the guys that most girls like at my school and I think they are ugly as f***, how could a female like a face like THAT. Celebrity examples would include Heath Ledger, Robert Pattinson, etc. I think they are all ugly as f*** (from a straight guy point of view). Then I see the more softer looking guys like Justin Bieber, Johnny Depp, and Zac Efron and I can see why some girls find them attractive. heh 100% straight here don't think otherwise.

• Robert Pattinson I agree is f***ing hideous. Justin Beiber is a child. Johnny Depp he is hot stuff, Zac Efron is meh, and Heath Ledger looked hot when he was younger. I love Hayden Christiansen from Star Wars, he is really gorgeous. I don't think otherwise, I have a gaydar better than anyone I have ever met. I totally agree though, girls always date ugly guys and I'm like ew wtf.

• a shorter girl probably

• What do you mean by short? Like 4'9 LOL

• I'm 5'8", and I'd date a 5'8" guy.

• Have you done it? I guarantee that most of your boyfriends have been 5'11 or greater. Girls say one thing but do another...

• My last was 5'9", and the guy I currently like is only 5'7" haha

• I'm 5'6 and the guy I'm with right now is 5'8, and one of my best friends is 5 ft and she's with a guy who's 5'5.. so don't worry, you can find a girl! If you're still worried about your height though, you could work out, a lot of girls are into that.

• almost all of my previous boyfriends and love interests were between 5'6-5'8.

but I'm probably not the type of gal you're looking for, so having us random, sub-par girls answer is pretty circular for you I'd imagine.

• Girls don't not like you because you're short. Girls don't ilke you because you're an egotistical prick. You only want a "10" and then pick out a reason you can't get one and throw a little baby temper tantrum. Then, when girls tell you they date shorter guys, you imply that they must be ugly or lying. WOW. Stellar, dude.

• Wow, calm down. Haha

I'm 5'5 and my boyfriend is 5'6. I wear heels a lot too.

There's still hope.

• You have a boyfriend? Well guess what. Most of the girls that DON'T care do have boyfriends, because there are way more guys under 5'11 than you think. Short guys jump at the opportunity to get a decently attractive girl if their short ass stands a chance.

• I don't doubt it. Ha

• I've dated at least five guys who were between 5'6-5'8. They all ended up being kind of manwhores. So, not all short guys are striking out, especially as 5'8 isn't even really so short.

So this one girl has a boyfriend who is tall...and it sounds like you don't even know him. You have no idea why she chose him. You're not always going to get picked by your crush. That's something ALL of us have to deal with.

A whiny guy who thinks one thing is his only problem in the dating world = not attractive though. It's a sign that you're entitled and tend to blame your problems on others, rely on emotions to make judgement and are generaly a pain in the ass.

• I like guys your height...no worries, you'll find a girl. if you're that worried about it, try to make yourself appear taller by keeping your back straighter and your head up and wearing shoes with thicker soles on them. That gives you the appearance of being a bit taller.

What Guys Said 9

• Wait so one test case speaks for the billions of women on the planet? Sounds pretty sensible.

Was this tall guy she was seeing a great guy? Maybe it doesn't have to do much with his height. You act like 5'8" is short when the average height in the US is a little over 5'9". Congratulations you're in the average range!

I have a guy friend who is 5'7" barely and he was a total hit with ladies in high school. Most girls were after him. I think you're using your height as an excuse for other faults most likely due to your personality. I believe in being blunt and honest so don't think I'm a bad guy I just think that people can change for the better only when they are faced with their own delusions.

Are you this whiny with women? That might be turning them away too.

Anyway good luck to you man! I hope you find the reason you're struggling with the ladies.

• Oh please... You're crying out over nothing. I'm about 5'5 and I have no problem getting a girl. In addition, I'm also only attracted to Caucasian people and have never dated any Asian person before; well half Filipino and half white, but that's as close as I got to dating an Asian person. My point is, if you whine and bitch about something you can't change then of course you have no shot out there with anybody, but if you embrace it and focus on something else positive that you have to offer, then you could easily get a girl. It's as simple as that; you're already giving up because of your shortcomings and the more you dwell and complain about it, the less likely you're going to find yourself a girl.

• i was just gonna say "get over it"

but then I read the whole Q.

you don't deserve a better girl. that's all there is to it.

yeah I'm an a**hole, get over it, I'm 6'2.

• Don' t bother looking at girl's who are above 5'5".

Saves you time.

• I agree with you on that. Even 5'5 is a little too tall in the minds of girls for someone my height.

• Some girls just have this unworldly preference for abnormally tall guys.

And be being 5'11", I still see a lot of girls who will be 5'5" and say they'd rather have a guy who's like 6'3".

I try to keep my girls around 5'7"-5'8" though. Keeps availability in proportion for all sizes, lol.

• 5'8 is not anywhere near a problem height. I'm 5'9 and I don't go around thinking that I'd beat cassanova if I was taller, because that's just not true.

• lol, short girls don't necessarily want a guy that's a foot taller, that can get awkward at times..

• I'm shorter than you, and I know how you feel. I'm definitely not settling fur ugly chicks either.

• Do you want a real answer, a feel sorry for yourself answer, or the classic be mean to the guy that feels so very sorry for himself answer?

• "So what are us vertically challenged guys supposed to do?"

The only thing you really can do is to keep trying to find someone who wouldn't be bothered dating someone that's 5'8. Girls like this do exist (though they're a clear minority.)

• Thank you! Finally an honest answer (from a guy go figure).

• Yeah, I'm seeing a lot of politically correct answers.

• I appreciate your honesty. The one thing I have learned over the years of experience is that HEIGHT is as important to girls - be they tall or short, as nice boobs and a skinny body is to men. Girls on here say one thing, but I highly doubt they would actually do it. Then like you said, you have all those who give politically correct answers. Then you have those who honestly would date a guy 5'8. But those are a minority...