What's the most embarrassing beauty mistake you've ever made or tried ? And what happened ?

I tried some instant tanning lotion a few years ago because I'm so damn white, I applied it before we went out of town we had a softball tournament, well our uniform socks are to the middle of my chin so when the game was over I took my socks/shoes off and the tanning lotion had disappeared and from the middle of my chin down to my feet was white as hell but the rest of my legs were tan.

I tried scrubbing the rest of the tan off but it just wouldn't come off.

I had forgot the lotion at home and we were going swimming, they had tons of people at the hotel pool staring at me, I looked like such an idiot. My friends still laugh at me for that sh*t.

So have you tried anything and failed miserably ?

Most Helpful Girl

• made this homemade facial and then scrubbed my face real hard and it ended up peeling my skin and the skin dried and became brown and it was all over my face.. didn't go out till it healed lol

What Guys Said 1

• Once I tried to cut of this big stubborn mole on my face with a kitchen knife and almost ended up cutting of my nose,I realized kitchen knife should be limited to kitchen activities not for cosmetic purpose

What Girls Said 6

• I caked on bronzer once in high school. It was the wrong color, it was dark red and pretty identical to the dirt used on softball fields. Well the worst part was that my boyfriend at the time was in the hospital and I found out that morning so I was crying and had my head down through most of my classes. I never even thought to look in the mirror. When I got into my moms car at the end of the day it was smeared all over my face. Parts were extremely pale and others were dark red. It was a disaster and no one even told me! lol.

• Oh jeez, just thinking about all my beauty "faux-pas" over the years makes me shudder haha.

In all honesty though, I haven't had too too many; my worst one was probably when I was 14 or so and bought into the whole "almost-white lips is really attractive" look. I can't help but laugh at it now, but really, what the heck was I thinking lol.

• iv had so many things go wrong w my hair.. when I was in 6th grade I cut it short ( the picture looked so cute) and when she styled it it was cool but I could never get it that way it looked like crap for that whole yr... iv also bleached my hair it turned orange and some guy came over to fix our satellite it was so embarassing!

• well in grade 5 I got my first pair of tweezers, and I decided I would "fix up" my eyebrows...aka take the majority of hair off, and I went to school the next day and my friends keep asking if I did anything to my eyebrows and I kept denying that I did. ahah

• god I did that also and everyone knows you're lieing lol

• I know! lol. but since then I have never tweezed my brows, or let anybody do them for me.

• A friend dip dyed my hair and the first time it came out really nice. I decided to retouch it cause the color was fading and picked this SUPER intense magenta color. It wasn't that embarrassing I guess but I got stares from everyone,

• A friend and I watched YouTube tutorials on how to cut hair, so we figured we'd give it a try..no bueno.