Girls: How can a guy dress classy without wearing a suit?

We all know girls can dress classy whether it be for work or just casually. They have so many different styles of clothing that even for a normal casual day they can dress somewhat classy.

But how can guys dress classy? Without wearing a suit or any form of business or work attire, how can a guy dress classy, or at least somewhat clean and decent? What do you personally like to see a guy wear?

Most Helpful Girl

• ** link

** link

* link

** link

* link (Personally, I think this would look better with different shoes and a little bigger fit for the pants)

** link

* link

** link

** link

** link

simple/classy/casual? double asterisk's me likey =)

hopefully this helps! and obviously, you can always modify looks to fit your own personal preferences in style.

What Girls Said 6

• Button-down shirts look good on most guys and there are plenty that won't make you look like you're going to or coming from the office. Not at all into button-downs? That's okay, there are t-shirts made from different fabric that look and feel different from your everyday casual tee.

Put that together with dark pants (you can get away with simply dark jeans). As for shoes, go with black tennis shoes if nothing else, but you'll look better if you can find something that is still comfy but isn't just a sneaker. You may find that boots work for you.

Looking to add something extra? Invest in a good watch or wear a ring - thumb rings and spinner rings tend to be popular with men.

I'm using my boyfriend as a style reference. He likes to wear things that look a little dressed up but don't cause any loss of comfort. It's simple and quick, he's ready in a flash, and he looks stunning.

• Personally, I find button downs, plaid, and v-necks (like the ones in the links below) that aren't too femanine extremely attractive. Also, make sure you brush your hair. Messy hair is a major turn off for me at least. I'm gonna use my guy friend as an example- he wears tshirts occasionally which is fine if not worn all the time, but maily wears vnecks like mentioned above and solid colored polos. Don't be affraid to wear bright colors with that sort of thing btw- he wears turquoise and aqua etc but as far as I know nobody makes fun of him for wearing anything too femanine. As far as bottoms are concerned, he typically wears dark jeans (jeans can be classy you know!) or khaki shorts and he ALWAYS wears a belt whether it's a frayed looking tan one or a nicer looking black belt. BELTS ARE GOLDEN in my book! Tennis shoes are fine, which is what he wears, as long as they're not ratty looking. Lastly, he always wears this nice upscale watch that looks great on him! A rin or cross necklace(if you're into that) typically would work well also, though. This guy gets some much respect and all of the girls love him. He even showed up to school wearing a sweater vest once and he somehow made it super cute and attractive and not a bit nerdy!

• You can always wear and nice pair of jeans with nice shoes or boots and a button down shirt. That's still dressed up but casual enough to be comfortable.

• By wearing a dress shirt aka button up shirt

• Wearing button shirts

• Wearing slacks or khaki

What Guys Said 3

• I'll just mention that older guys will snicker at you if you call shirts that aren't button downs (which means a button on the collar point) button downs. Or button ups. They're just shirts.

Most girls are so used to slobs that anything else confuses them. Just get clothes that actually fit and you'll look better then most.

• Not entirely true! With me and my friends, when guys dress nicely, we notice and we like it;)

• I like to wear solid color button up shirts with dark jeans and dressy casual shoes. Nice black belt, silver buckle. No holes in the jeans. If I'm feeling it I may also add a black or gray vest, depending on the shirt color, and/or a black skinny tie. I feel that it's classy without really referencing a suit (jeans throw it off).

• A shirt, t-shirt under, jeans, loafers or conservative sneakers. That's what I wear.