How could personality/confidence ever make up for this body?

Look at this body:

link

Awful isn't it?

Im 21, 6'2 and in college

Women always talk about personality however, personality can never make up for initial attraction for which I have none. I seen people way fatter than me and have less man boobs than me. I don't have much luck with girls, despite wearing nice, suitable clothing. I can never take my shirt off ever, because I have been embarrassed when I was younger. Even my own friends pick on me every once in a while.

My doctor won't allow me to have surgery. I am trying so hard to lose weight and build muscle and so far I have lost 43 pounds. Even though I'm stronger than ever (300lb bench press max) I still look and feel like sh!t.

I'm also trying to become more sociable, trying to wear even better clothes and trying to become more confident. And nothing.

I don't think I can take this anymore. My life is becoming unbearable for me and I don't think it's worth living for.

Should I even bother trying to talk to girls until I lose all of my weight, if that even happens? What should I do?

What Girls Said 1

• hmmm... focus on losing the weight and building up your confidence, approach the ladies later. any way you can target the man boob situation? I don't think your body is anywhere near awful. there's room for improvement, but we've all got areas we can improve on. don't give up hope. losing 43 pounds is no easy feat. you should be proud of yourself. just keep going. the end result will definitely be worth it. you'll feel, look, and be healthier. JUST KEEP GOING! :)

What Guys Said 1

• It's going to happen as long as you have the drive and dedication to do so. Money also helps guys who don't have the right looks.