Is there a height requirement for a guy to be good looking?

By height requirement I mean either average or tall or at least a minimum height. I see so many girls on here (and in real life) say that they prefer tall guys. Does that mean short guys aren't really considered attractive due to their lack of height? I guess what I'm trying to ask is, I'm only 5'4'', so am I too short to be considered attractive/good looking?

Most Helpful Guy

• Initially, I'd say yes there is. A lot of women feel insecure being with someone shorter that them. There's the notion that you couldn't "protect" them or something. The fact that most guys are taller than you doesn't really help either. But at the same time there are also girls who love short guys. The fact that a lot of girl like taller guys doesn't mean you're unattractive though. what I suggest you do is focus on being the most awesome "you" you can be and just focus on enjoying yourself. Learn some skills become "The most interesting man in the world" so to speak. Girls will be attracted to when they see how awesome of a guy you are. BE CONFIDENT in who you are. I'm only 5'7'' and I've been hit be girls who were much taller than me, hell I was eye level with my first girlfriend's chest. Sure some people thought it was a little funny but I didn't give a damn and neither did she. Just do your thing, don't make women and getting a girl your priority in life. Again, just be the most awesome "you" you can be and girls will come.

What Girls Said 5

• Height has nothing to do with whether someone is good looking but it can have an affect on the appeal, which again, is individual.

Some girls like short guys

Some girls like average guys

Some girls like tall guys

Some girls like fat guys

Some girls like average guys

Some girls like athletic guys

Some girls like skinny guys

This is all individual.

I feel like the questions are always traps because when girls say it doesn't matter, guys fight back. When girls say it does matter, we're superficial bitches.

Cause no one has preferences right?

• none that I have ever read about

• There's no height requirement for a guy to be considered attractive. A good looking guy is a good looking guy regardless of their height. As long as their taller than me, which isn't hard at all, I don't care.

• Being taller than 5'4 would help you, but if you're good looking you can't take that way, either.

For instance, a woman who has a great face but only "A-Cup" breasts ... to a few that would be a deal breaker and to a few that would be their favorite thing. Then, for most, its just part of the whole package of looks, fitness level, personality, values.

• Well its not tha short guys aren't attractive, I'm sure you are very handsome, but its just that most girls, almost all, prefer to date a guy that's taller than them. I know I personaly wouldn't like to date a guy shorter than me, ad usually I wouldn't consider dating a shorter guy, I would really really have to like him a lot :( its sucks but its just the way it is, try dating petite girls.

What Guys Said 5

• No, a woman will most likely take it as: you are good looking regardless of your height if she thinks you are. Although there will also be those that will consider you "cute". Not a terrible thing either, it just puts shorter guys at a slight disadvantage. If it does matter to those you try to date, their are plenty of women that are shorter than 5'4, so I wouldn't sweat it.

I am 6'4 and felt it hasn't had a substantial impact on whether a girl will date me or not. In a few cases I was "too tall". Being tall is sort of awkward in itself anyway. I have often wished I was shorter in the past.

• I know they all say just has to be taller than them, but I think that is a bs answer. I'm 6 ft, so not tall or short. But, even the 5'1" girls want a guy 5'10". Kinda blows me away, but what they have told me ...

And I have hooked up with a couple of 6'1" girls who I am sure have to consider guys shorter than them just because there aren't as many options. Funny

• Yes if your the same height or taller. These girls are full of flowers on the outside but on the inside they want a hunter

• Girls always settle for the guy who knows how to trigger her emotions

• Most girls won't admit it but yes there is although it's different for every girl