Anybody have any suggestions for REALLY bad acne?

I've tried just about everything. Clinique, Mary Kay, Clean and Clear, Neutrogena, Oil of Olay, Clearasil, Biore, St. Ives, Proactive, Acne Free, Aveeno, Prescriptions, Home Remedies, as well as other things. It's such a burden, and I'm really tired of random people asking me what I use on my face. It's annoying and humiliating. I feel so mortified when I leave my house. Any suggestions are good suggestions.

I went to the doctor yesterday, and he wrote me a prescription for an antibiotic for my acne. I have also been using stridex pads, daily, as well as calamine lotion to spot treat and clinique moisturizer.Let's see if it works. Here's to hoping!

Most Helpful Girl

• I had bad acne and tried everything to fix it, and I finally found something that works. 1st I exfoliate my face, to get rid of dead skin. 2nd I use Noxzema anti-blemish pads(they are the wet pads), I find they work the best. 3rd I use a oil-free face toner, and last I use an oil-free moisturizer(so far I found the one made by clean and clear works the best). I do this every night before I go to bed and again in the morning(excluding the exfoliating). The main thing for my skin is that whatever stays on my face (like the toner and moisturizer) must be oil-free, because oil can clog pores. I know this may be a lot of steps to do, but it is what keeps my skin clear. I hope this helps in some way.

What Guys Said 2

• What about tanning? I feel like the sun/tanning beds may have a positive effect on eliminating acne. I don't have a scientific explanation, but it seemed to help me to be out in the sun when I was in Florida.

My Blog: link

• My dad has a sun lamp I used to use all the time and it did help a lot. I don't remember what he told me on why it works.

• I'm going ggazelles on this one. He told me to wash my face with Neutrogena Face Wash and gives me samples of a cream that you can't buy in stores along with a pill sample. Over time my skin got better. I can tell once I'm out of the pill that my skin will deteriorate soon after if I don't get a refill. I'll listen to a specialized doctor over a half hour infomercial about an acne product.

What Girls Said 4

• have you tried using birth control pills because my period is inconsistent for many years and my doctor put me on birth control pills my ace is gone. .. and I'm regular. ...have you tried asking them about that? if not maybe you can ask them about the pill. you don't have to be sexually active to be using it. it's also for hormone purposes.

• I've talked to my mom and my doctor about BC, but we're not totally sure if that's going to be the best thing because of some other health issues, but I haven't even had a period since August, so I know I need to take something for that as well.

• Yeah because I'd say one of the reason y break outs happen to us females is due to irregular periods and once I was on the pill my period was regular and my ace was completely gone.

• Go to a dermatologist and they'll be able to prescribe you something stronger so you can stop wasting your money on drugstore products that aren't going to work for you.

• It's always an idea to go on the pill, one of my friends is on the pill to clear up her acne and it really helped her, her skin is much clearer now,and she tried loads of things before, over the counter and prescribed medication. And there's loads of other avantages to going on the pill, like more regular period, no cramps, it's good for your hair and other things like that.

• How about weight? Am I going to gain alot?

• I go to the doctor Friday, so cross your fingers for me!

• Best of luck!! Hope it helps!

• I have acne too and I find that NOTHING ever works good enough. I mean I'm 20 and I still suffer from acne, this is ridiculous.

I use:

The Body Shop - Tea Tree products ($18.00 a product but they on on sale now)

and

Clean and Clear Advance acne system ($19.99 for the box at CVS)

and

St. Ives acne scrub (I use this everyday, 2 times a day, to remove all the junk)

and

I take a Vitamin called "Biotin" it helps your hair, nails, and skin. ($4.99 at walmart )

and

Also on dry face days I use Witch Hazel, its like a toner but its made from natural ingredients. ($2 at any drug store or walmart)

Do you also wear makeup?

I wear Bare Minerals, it slowly helps your skin clear because its not made with junk like drug store brands.

• I only wear make up like, twice a month at the most. I've used pretty much everything. I think the one thing that helped me the most was Clinique, but it still didn't clear up my face like I was hoping it would. I think my biggest problem is scars. It makes my face look so much worse than it actually is.

• Acne scar treatments cost like $200 from a spa/doctors...you can save up your money and do the procedure, it supposedly removes all your scars with like lasers and stuff.