Why do you girls need so many pairs of shoes?

I don't get why girls have to keep buying shoes. Most of us guys have only 4-5 pairs - running shoes, dress shoes, one trekking, loafers, and maybe one or two old pairs for working in the garage. Girls have 60 - 200 pairs of shoes. Whatever for?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 6

• I only have 3-4 pairs that I wear regularly. I'm on your side with this one. I don't see how so many pairs of shoes can be useful. Just a waste of money in my opinion. Then again, I've been told that I'm not very fashion-conscious.

• Because every outfit requires a different pair of shoes. Besides the trends change :)

• 365 days in a year. ;)

I have a friend (guy) who never wears the same pair of shoes in the same month. Ask him why and he'll say "Gotta keep it fresh"... I think that's a pretty good argument.

• So then he has 31 pairs of shoes? O_o

• He has more than 31. He's hitting 3 digit territory. He just doesn't wear the same pair in the same month.

• I don't understand the purpose of so many shoes.It seems a little excessive to me.But then again everyone is different.

• To go with every outfit that we wear.

I only own one pair of running shoes and the last time I bought it was back in 9th grade. Still fits too. :)

• We wear more colors and more styles of clothes than men do. 60-200 is a bit much, though. I'd say the average woman has 10-20 pairs maximum.

What Guys Said 0