Biggest turn off (clothing-wise)

Girls, what's the biggest turnoff when it comes to a guy's clothing? Baggy jeans, ugly shoes, etc.

Wow wasn't expecting this many responses :) Thanks for the tips!

Most Helpful Girl

• skinny jeans, stains, and really big/oversized/XXXL gangster lookin tshirts and pants.

just wear stuff that fits.

youre really cute btw!

:o]

What Girls Said 50

• I have a lot...

1. anything smelly

2. baggy jeans worn down to the knees

3. khakis with tennis shoes or sandals

4. river sandals

5. pink (on MOST guys)

6. skinny jeans

7. huge shirts

8. the gangsta caps

9. anything with vulgar images or references to women

10. bandanna around the head

11. sissy-looking visors (some are ok)

12. excessive "school spirit" in the wrong settings (like VA tech EVERYTHING all the time)

13. feminine-looking patterened hoodies (no stars or stuff like that...)

14. anything with fur...except MAYBE on a leather jacket or something

15. tightie whities sticking out of the top of jeans

16. socks with sandals

17. sandals with dress pants or anything besides jeans and shorts

18. inappropriately dressy in casual situations

Those are the biggest ones...this made me laugh! :D

• pants to the ankle or midcalf. I don't like when they wear those short bathingsuits either or when guys are struggaling to walk because their pants are too low. I like when guys where tight jeans but maybe not such a tight shirt. I don't like when they wear sandals uggs or snowboots when its not snowing I like normal shoes or the cool sneakers. I hate when they wear the shirt they smoked in that still smells.

• The biggest turn off to me, is a white guy... [[and I say white guy, cause that's all I date]] that dresses black. I think white guys should wear their pants at their waist with any kind of tee that isn't down grading to females or makes yourself look stupid...

• emo style.

• For me it's:

tight jeans - I'm sure I'll get disagrees for that and over-sized clothes. Both are major turn offs for me.

• Stains! That's the worst ever. And not being able to pick out clothes that is right for you. Guys who try to pull off a look that clearly isn't working for them.

• After 18, there's no excuse to wear the cheesy slogan shirts (i.e. "The man, the legend"). It shows you're immature, and can't handle an adult relationship. I'm pretty forgiving about style- I found that it's easy to tweak a guy's style once you're dating him.

The rest are no-brainers... socks with sandals :cringe!:, pants that are too short/too big, white socks with dress pants. Think of it this way- look in a mirror and ask "would I date me?" Guys don't always care as much about appearances, but I think you're becoming more attuned to style as a whole. :)

• baggy jeans half way down your ass or nut hugger jeans, that and tighty whiteys that aren't white anynmore EWWWWW

• I'm pretty forgiving but these bug me:

- When guys wear the same shirt like two days in a row. Ewww.

- When guys wear really similar things to there friends and they look like clones. Be original!

- When they have stains on their clothes. Yuck.

- When they wear things that give the illusion that their mom dressed them.

• weird colours that don't match are the main thing that I find annoying

• Dirty clothes is always bad. Otherwise clothes that have something like a Dragon Ball character, or WoW stuff on it, anything that guys think are really awesome but are really not in a girls mind is a turn off.

Flip flop with socks, skinny jeans, of that thug style where guys wear clothes 4 sizes too big for them. If your t-shirt goes all the way down to your knees it's bad. Or guys that wear their jeans so low you can see their butt, not attractive.

• +1 I completely agree with you. These attire suck.

• Tall socks

Shirts that are way too large and hang really low

jeans that are so saggy that you can't tell a guy has legs

mom shoes (like really nerdy sneakers)

those pants that zip in like four places and are made out of this weird thin windbreaker material

• Clothes that don't fit properly and ugly polos (aka polos that aren't from polo or lacoste).

• I agree that ugly polos are atrocious, but not all polos from other companies are ugly.

• I stand corrected, those from Vineyard Vines are also hot.

My basic point is that department store polos (the unstructured striped ones) and not sexy, and that those from hollister and A&F are only okay if you're still in high school.

I went to a really preppy college; we take our polos seriously haha.

• when a guy is obviously dressed the way his parents used to dress. or taught him to dress. -- no individuality.

crap load of brand labels.

• Clothes that are designed to look "unique" rather than aesthetically pleasing... ETC.. all brand names.

• well to be honest... really really baggy jeans, worn with tight shirts

• Crocs and Loafers, because I'm a shoe FREAKKK. Pants below the booty. Tidy Whitties(what are you? four?) Not that I look for dudes underwear, just saying. White socks with black pants. Shorts that are too short(above the knee). Button up palm tree shirts. Dirty clothes.

• old men slippers. oh gosh.

• I do not like guys in skinny jeans. GROSS! I also don't like guys that wear sweat pants, or really really baggy jeans.

• Weird, I actually think that its a HUGE turn on when a guy wears sweat pants. It makes me melt every time its just so damn cute

• TOO baggy jeans.. that looked like a parachute without the hot air

shirt, quick dries and flipflops are ONLY good for the beach.

i love a guy with a simple look

and who can dress up like a pretty boy later on.

from a metallica shirt, jeans, and converse

to

crisp polo, khakis, and lugz lolz

• baggy jeans/ low jeans, tank top, sleeveless, jewelery, [as in chains and stuff], ugly shoes, lol stuff like that. I like a nice, clean cut.. belt wearing, clean shirt with sleeves wearing guy. :]

• Yep, jeans that hang half way down your ass.

Wearing the same size of jeans I am. Not that its a "you're fat" but its weird when a guy is wearing a size 2 jeans. I don't mind the whole tight pants thing but when too tight is no!

• Dirty clothing, really baggy clothing, "mom jeans", clothes that are WAY to big/small for you, chains, Hawaiian print shirts, sexist t-shirts, the whole "gangster" look, etc.

• Clothes that are way too big, preppy styles [anything from Hollister and American Eagle], & nerdy plaid shirts.

• omg the guys who wear their pants below their backsides.

i grosses me out...i just wanna go up to them and pull them up

• LOL ;) Such guys do a lot of show off. Even I don't like it when guys wear like this.

• socks with sandals, def white socks with black pants flip flops in some cases only if you have ugly feet, clogs, short shorts, scarves in some cases, tight jeans wranglers are okay but only if they actually fit well. and jeans that sag and hang under your ass. and spedos lol

i like preppy abercrombie a&e and aeropostale clean cut and well put together type of clothing on guys but it really depends on the guys personality

but seriously no speedos

• Hmm...

Baggy Socks , for some reason. Gross.

And tennis shoes are usually stupid looking, like , real athletic shoes.

Also, clothes that don't fit, look dirt, or have been worn every day for the last forever.

And guys that look like they're dressed my their mothers. Yeah. hah

• hmm rlly baggy jeans, wearing the same clothes day after day,khaki pants lol, polo shirt ugh! jus to name a few xD

• Wait you think polo's are ugly? I've actually never heard that before. I thought all girls thought polo's were okay or good.

• Welll if I rlly think about it they aren't too bad....but I would much much much rather see a guy in just a plain t-shirt than a polo.....i rlly don't know y they jus kinda bother me....sory this makes no sense but I hope this is helpful in some way =]]]

• Huge chunky kind of ghetto sneakers.

Bandanas.

Chains, scarves, grandpa looking shirts (like Hawaiian ones hahah).

Baggy jeans and oversized shirts.

Crocs.

Typical abercrombie, hollister or american eagle t-shirts. I hate them.

• i hate those guys that have the really baggy jeans...really! no one wants to see your crack! (unless they do XD)

I'm into the whole skinny jeans on an average guy...but I love it when a guy puts on clothes that fit him right..nothing too big or too small

• More from Girls
    20

What Guys Said 1

• Damn! What do you all like? Seems like a man can't wear anything.

And as for really baggy jeans, I thought only certain minority guys wore those types of jeans, and most of you girls are white. I mean not that there is anything wrong with dating a minority. Do what makes you happy. I was just saying.

• Girls probably like pretty boy preppy style. Polo, Hollister Jeans, sneakers. Something like that.

• Haha looks like they only want guys to wear speedos

• Let's see. Ladies, how would you like it if we wore nothing at all?