Would getting a tattoo make you more attractive?

I have been noticing that people crave people with tattoos on their body. I don't personally have any tattoos on mine so that must mean that I am not attractive to most. Would getting a tattoo make you more attractive to a member of the opposite gender?

• Yes it would
  • No it would not
  • Maybe it would
  • Tattoos are lame :p / I don't need one
  • Bacon sandwich
Since I don't have one I think that I don't stand a chance lol. I know too many people with at least one but I like being a clean slate lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• NO!

First off, tattoos are about SELF expression. You should NEVER get/ remove a tattoo for anyone other than yourself. I personally love tattoos. I'm very into art and all about self expression. I love tattoos so much that I actually learned how to do them and currently have done around 30 pieces.

Though I adore them, I did procrastinate before getting each of my own pieces of body art. In one case, it took me two years before finally deciding to go through with it. Not because of the thought of the pain I would have to endure, but because the fact that tattoos are permanent. Even when removed, there is still a chance for scars.

Bottom line, unless your sure it's for you, DON'T DO IT!

Besides, eventually you get old and you get wrinkled and tattoos are no exception. They fade, stretch and sometimes become distorted (depending on placement).

And do you really want to be with someone who only likes you for your ink? That just means that they might end up walking away with the next cuttie who has something bigger and better. It's the same thing with gold diggers. Let them fall for the lame, broke, ink-less you. Once you know it's you they actually want, surprise them with your wealth of friends, bling, status. And if your still interested in ink after you've established your relationship, do something cute and get matching tats. Just make sure it's what You really want. ;)

• yeah a lot of women lust after a tattooed guy though lol

• A lot of women lust after tall guys, guys with light eyes, guys with nice hair, guys with big arms (& third legs...), guys with money, guys in uniform, etc... Find women who lust after men with qualities that you already posses. There are billions of women in the U.S. alone. Each with her own fettish. Find the ones who fantasize about you. Than you'll be irresistible...

What Girls Said 10

• no no no, and no.. not to me at least. tattoos and piercings signify that could be on the brink of trouble.. that frog that a girl gets on her tailbone will be a lizard in the crack when she gets older.. excuse my language, but seriously.. what's so attractive about that?

• Yeah I always joke about that to people who get tattoos. When people get older it looks like a jumbled up spot due to ageing naturally. Butterflies become dragons... Tribals become dark marks lol.

• exactly, so don't get one:) you'll seem more clean if that makes sense

• Now that you mention it, a Bacon Sandwich sounds really good :)

No, I think tattoos are very unattractive actually. if it's just a little thing somewhere out of sight, that's whatever, but if it's visible, or it's really big, I think it looks terrible...on either gender. they just look unnatural and the fact that they are permanent is even worse. if you want a tattoo, then get a bunch of really cool looking temporary tattoos and wear those. lol. Then you can take it off, and if someone doesn't like it, it's not there forever.

• I love tattoos, but I don't really think it's much of a deciding factor in whether or not a guy is attractive. Yes, I think tattoos definitely have the potential to be really attractive, but I've also encountered plenty of attractive guys with no tattoos at all. Not a big deal either way.

• ok so here is the thing tattoos look amazing when they are on a fit person, have a ligit reason, and are clean tattoos. When I started dating my boyfriend he had 3 tattoos and I never really liked them , thought it was ugly and stupid. But then it grew on me and now I have more tattoos than him . All have reason and are done cleanly . If your not 100% sure then don't get one, they can get quite expensive. And it's even more expensive and painful to get one removed. I think that tattoos are a form of expression. It's a tiny pice of you on display for the world to see . I personally didn't go for my man cause he has tattoos. But now I find it sexy when a buff guy has tats . IMO

• I prefer guys with tatts, the more the merrier but that doesn't mean a guy with none isn't attractive. It just adds to his appeal. I don't have any tatts and I'm not sure if that is more or less attractive to guys.

• When I look at potential guys, I look at various things, one is whether or not I could bring them home to my parents. If they have tattoos, that's a no.

• its silly to think that having a tattoo makes you hotter. you either have a hot body or your don't. Tattooing yourself isn't going to make it any better.

And is that really you in your picture?

• Doesn't matter. There's a sort of bad boy appeal that some girls like.

• I mean I have only one tattoo, but Personally I wouldn't date someone with lots of them, because it gets tacky. Sometimes though guys with tattoo's look bad ass and delicious, so depends on the guy.

• nope . and I wouldn't reaall why wnna get one .

What Guys Said 1

• i don't agree with the poll , tattoo's definity add to a persons attractiveness as long as there done right . I've seen some pretty sexy tattoo's over the years , some are simply artwork on the body but others are very sexy . but this is coming from someone who has a bit of a piercing and tattoo fetish . I definity find girls with pierced belly buttons way more attractive than those without