In which range do you fall on the BMI scale?

link

Do you think your BMI reflects how healthy you are?

Please don't forget to vote in the poll below!

P.S. Be honest! You can go anonymous if you want. :)

• 18.5 or less (Underweight)
  • 18.5 to 24.99 (Normal Weight)
  • 25 to 29.99 (Overweight)
  • 30 to 40 (Obese)
  • 40 or greater (Morbid Obesity)

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't really reflects my health.

If someone just looks at me and guesses my weight, they're almost always 20+ lbs off. I weigh more than I look, partly because of how I carry it, partly because I have more muscle weight than your average female.

I'd have to be about 40-50lbs lighter to get in the 'healthy' range according to the BMI, but according to the body fat % calc on there- I'm fine.

I got into "bmi healthy" range once- and I had to nearly starve myself and exorcise several hours a day for months to just touch into it. :/

I eat healthier than most people I know- mostly whole grains, fruits, and veggies, walk everywhere over driving, and do some kind of cardio on a regular basis. I'm seldom to never sick.

soo...bmi can suck it.

sure there are some pounds I would happily lose, but I'm healthy damnit!

What Guys Said 7

• BMI says very little about your actual health, considering that it ignores every other aspect of the human body except for weight and height. Never mind lifestyle, muscle, metabolism, etc.

Someone could be overweight or underweight but still eat great and exercise.

link

• I know that. What's your BMI anyway?

• 22.31. Surprising, people always seem to think I'm verging on underweight.

• God my bad, I just realized, "Do you think your BMI reflects how healthy you are?" is asking us personally about our BMI vs. our health, not BMI in general.

No, if BMI took into account my lifestyle, I would not be in the "healthy" range :P I don't exercise much and I eat a lot of junk.

• The BMI scale is a bit of a joke!

I fall into the obese catagory. I go to the gym 6 days a week. They are not taking into account that muscle is much heavier then fat. I wear 33" jeans. That's obese?

For girls some are bigger on top or a bigger butt. This is fat but necessary & nice fat. The BMI doesn't take that into account either.

Get a real BMI test at a gym or at your Dr.'s office.

• 25.4. I'm overweight, not surprised.

• I honestly think BMI could be a moderate indication of your physical status. If your want a more accurate indication of how healthy you are, participate in physical activities, compare diet to your more healthy friends and see if your have a good habit.

• 28, I am nearing obese... as far as I can tell I don't think I look it lol. That's why bmi is b.s

• BMI is bullsh*t. Why do people pay it any attention. The guy who created it wasn't even trying to create a scale for health of a person. He was just trying to measure polish people in the early 1900s -_- things have changed since then and not everyone is from that same region of the world. Oye bs.

Wanna know an example of how it's BS? People like Michael Jordan are considered Obese to Morbidly Obese by it lol.

• Height 5 feet 5 and a half inches.

Weight 160

BMI: 26.22 Overweight

What Girls Said 14

• i'm 5'4" and 110. my bmi is 18.5. I know I'm underweight by a little, and I'm trying to correct that, but it takes time. I actually am having trouble gaining weight...which is odd. lol.

• I'm 5'5" and I weigh somewhere between 130-135. That places me in the normal weight category, which seems about right. As for how healthy I am, I could definitely eat healthier and exercise more...

• 17.38

No, I don't. It doesn't take account of muscle, body frame, and all that. I know I'm skinny but I'm not unhealthily so. I have like the world's highest metabolism...:p

• B. I don't remember the exact number but it was in the 20s

• 19.67 but I look like it would be much higher than that. I don't get it.

• 20

• 19..I thought I was underweight

• I think I'm at 21.4, guess that's normal for my height and weight. I'm tiny though, just under 5 feet and weigh about 105lbs.

• 21.7

Yeah, I guess it reflects how healthy I am. My weight is proportionate to my height and I work out pretty hard, too.

• I think I'm normal at about 19

• i don't think its very accurate because you could be big boned or muscular

• it says healthy weight :)

• I'm overweight :/

• Mine is 20.55

I'm 5"7' and 131ish. Anything lower than 130 is unlikely for me unless I work out 5 days a week. I don't have time for that anymore. Anything lower than 125 won't happen. It'd be unhealthy as hell for me as I used to weight 120 when I was a child, 13 years old.