What will happen if I dye my hair...

my hair is a darker shade of blonde... I've used a temp burgandy type color dye twice before and I liked how it looked so I'm thinking about dying my hair that color, but what will happen to my natural hair color? will the dye eventually fade out and leave my hair back to its normal color?

im thinking of using semi permanent dye and my hair also has natural highlights, would I lose those?

Most Helpful Girl

• Because its temp then yea it'll fade. Its really hard to say because I'm sure it depends on the brand and your hair. You may have a slight difference in your hair color once it has faded completely especially going from a blond to a red but it may just wash out completely. Like I said, it depends on the brand and how your hair takes it.

What Guys Said 1

• "What will happen if I dye my hair..."

It will have a new color...

What Girls Said 4

• So you're trying to go from a dark blond to a light red/brown?

Nothing will happen. Temp color will over time fade. It also depends if you strip your hair first. Just make sure you use conditioner if you plan to keep touch ups mainly because temp color does dry the hair over time. When your roots grow out, it will still be your natural color. However, the fading won't all go away, you will still have a brown/red tinge to your hair.

• it will turn orange so use a color stripper first

• it will never go back the same and dye fades..If your hair grows fast its not as big deal..Just I'm trying to grow my hair out now its taking forever to get my dyed hair gone...lol

• Never use permanent hair dye, always semi-permanent.

Just a tip.