Dye my hair myself or go to a professional?

should I have my friend whos dyed other peoples hair a couple times do it or should I go to a salon?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's hard to say I've seen people do their own hair/get a friend to do it and sometimes it turns out great and sometimes.. well, it doesn't look the best. Personally I would go to a salon myself, It's up to you though just make sure she knows what she's doing and has done a good job in the past.

What Guys Said 1

• You asked a question about a month? or two ago about your looks. We all love your eyes and think you have a great face. Go to a salon and find the best stylist there and tell her to do what she would do if it was her hair-color-style

What Girls Said 6

• Go to a salon! You'll get the results you want. There's a reason why you have to go through schooling before becoming a hair stylist.

• I always just buy the hair dye that comes in boxes at the store. It's cheap and has never given me any problems with my hair. But if you're going for something complicated, I'd recommend the salon.

• I'd say it depends on what color you're going. If I'm doing my hair just simple brown or roots cover up, I do it at home, but I get the proper sh*t and invest in some brushes 'cause they make ALL the difference.

But if you're going for a pretty serious change in color, go to the salon, they know what they're doing.

• Professional. my hair NEVER takes those at home kits unless its the color black lol.

• unless you don't care risking your hair, I say you go to a salon.

• professional