How much pride and effort do you put into your appearance?

What all do you do to maintain your looks and keep it fly, if at all?

Most Helpful Girl

• A decent amount off effort.

I eat well and I exercise 5-6 times a week to keep my body somewhat in shape.

I love going all out and dressing up, but only do it for an event or night out.

Daily I'm pretty casual, but I'm not a complete hobo unless I'm chilling at home. My hair is reasonably low maintenance. It's super long, but I don't heat style it unless I'm going out (even then I often won't).

I don't do anything crazy though - I'm fairly low maintenance. The only thing is that I'm freakishly hygienic.

I like feeling good about myself and putting in some effort gives me more confidence.

What Guys Said 11

• Well, I finally got rid of the lice and I haven't blacked out in almost a week. Life can be good if we just work at it.

• Other than the daily 20 or so minutes of taking a shower and shaving and such, not too much. I keep my hair short. I've actually been losing weight but I wouldn't say I put a ton of effort into it I just make the right choices and exercise a moderate amount. Clothes wise I don't put much effort into. I suppose I get out of it what I put in

• There are several points to consider:

1. Guy or girl;

2. Self-image (or lack thereof).

3. Vanity --- a result of 2.

4. Girls: Clean, clothes that she feels comfortable in, little to no makeup, brushed hair, light perfume == irresistable. More so because she's not trying to put on a show.

5. Same as 4, except substitute after-shave for perfume.

• i can't be bothered to look good. I just do the basics. like keep myself clean. other than I can't be bothered to keep looking good, I just think to myself, why do I need to keep trying to impress people. the average person doesn't care what you look like. sounds so negative, I can't be bothered to keep looking good for women. and plus I have given up on the dating game. I am happy single for the rest of life.

how much effort I put into it? track suit bottoms, t-shirt, cap, can't be bothered to style my hair. and plain jumper. basically everything is just plain, probably on the verge of scruffy.

on a serious note, its blady hard-work to keep looking good all the time.and what for? its just easier to be plain.

• 0 percent ! same pants and jacket everyday just a different t-shirt that's usually only 2 colors green or grey.

• Always. Appearence is the first thing you are judged on so I like to take care of myself and make sure I always look presentable. Shave, shower and doing my hair is all I do. Probably a little cologne too. Takes me about one hour in total.

• I usually get up, wash my face, brush my teeth, shave if I feel like it, then do my hair and get dressed, I also apply some light cologne too and then go about my day

• I make sure my clothes match and my hair is combed. I iron my clothes too.

• I read a lot of GQ

• Workout like a mofo, don't eat any fabricated food, no candy, no alcohol etc. I'm not very good at fashion but I try to wear clothes I think girls find attractive.

• don't give a sh*t, but when I go out in the public,i gel the hair,smell good, wear descent clothes and put on my swagger. lol

What Girls Said 12

• When I was in high school I put forth like a 7 in maintainence. Now that I am college I don't have the time nor will to keep that up and honestly...I don't even miss that. I actually like keeping my maintanence to a 5 because it takes so little effort and I am not pressured to go higher because most people don't even care what you look like in college. The things I do to maintain a 5 are

.General hygiene

.Wash my hair every other day

.Keep it natural and style it in a bun or some kind of braid. Sometimes when I feel like it I will style it a little.

.Whiten my teeth once in a while if they start looking yellow from my coffee

.Exercise 4 times a week

.Eat a healthy well balanced diet

.Drink lots of water

.No makeup because my skin is good and I look just fine without it

.Dress comfortably but still kinda stylish

.and try to keep a positive outlook on life because who wants a frown face person?

That's pretty much all I do and I actually feel much more happier and self assured then I did in high school.

• I do put quite a bit of pride and effort into my appearance. On a scale of 1-10, I'd say it's a 5, simply because it's become routine for me and I don't think it's anything special. I broke everything down, so it appears to be alot, but in the moment, it takes me less than 30 minutes to get ready for school in the morning(that's including a shower)

-Cleanse, tone & moisturize & acne treatment, morning and night

-Exfoliate once a week

-Face mask once a week

-I get my eyebrows threaded and shaped every 2 weeks

-Shampoo hair every other day, cause it's curly

-Condition everyday, even on the days I don't shampoo

-Deep condition 1-2x a week & do an extra strong deep conditioner once a month

-Use natural oils such as extra virgin olive oil, extra virgin coconut oil, Amla oil and Sweet almond oil, on my hair as my leave in conditioner

-Mousse on my hair, wear it down curly (major fail LOL)

-1-2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed in one of my meals, every single day, cause flax is packed with omega 3 fatty acids which are great for hair and skin

-2 fish oil supplement a day, one multivitamin and a couple of biotin pills a day

-Salmon or tuna, 3 days a week. Again, packed with omega 3 fatty acids

-I used to exercise, not any more

-I only drink water and occasionally sweet tea

-I have braces on(perfect teeth)

-I floss, brush my teeth with a manual, "soft" bristled brush, then brush my teeth with an Oral-B electric brush, then use a tongue scraper to clean the tongue & then a mouth rinse(either Fluoride or Listerine)

• Hmm ... Depends where I'm going. If I'm off to work then shower, brush my teeth, choose my clothes, do my hair (either curled / straightened), then my makeup, the finishing touches like earings, spray, etc. Oh I always need to make sure my nails look perfect & my eyebrows are done.

• Checklist:

*Basic hygiene stuff

*Tweeze eyebrows

*Whiten teeth as needed

*Manicures here and there

*Pedicures here and there

*Exercise at least 4 times a week (gym or I ride my bike)

*Viitamins:BcompleX,vitamin E,Fish oil capsules

*Vegetarian

*I love fragrances

*Fun makeup on some days

*Positive self affirmations

*Laughing and smiling everyday

• My effort level has gone down so far in the past year.

I leave my hair natural now, whereas I used to style it almost every day

I wear concealer and mascara usually

I wear really casual clothes. A t shirt and yoga pants/jeans usually

I don't have a set workout or eating routine, but I mostly eat fairly healthy, and I run and walk my dogs a couple times a week.

I don't get my nails or anything done, but I do soak my feet and give myself mani/pedis every weekend.

• It's eh.

I workout but I still need to lose weight and tone.(hopefully high intensity workouts and weights will do the trick)

I try to eat healthy for the most part (limit on refined carbs and sugars and no fast food.)

I mostly don't give a sh*t what I wear. I'm actually wearing workout clothes most of the time or I'm at work. Other than that, it's like jeans a shirt or a sundress.

I only wear eyeliner for my makeup and pearled earrings for my jewelry.

My hair is brushed for the most part and is naturally straight

And I spray sweet pea from bath and body works

I keep it simple.

• a fair amount. I do some kind of exercise everyday, typically running. I always wear clean stuff, hair straightened or brushed, eyeliner. at home however... lol... I look like a hobo :D

• I work out pretty much every single day. I wear makeup and straighten my hair. I wear jewelry.

Normal stuff. Nothing interesting.

• How do you workout everyday? I would be exhausted lol 3 days a week is enough for me!

• It depends on what she considers a workout, some people consider walking on the treadmill for 10 minutes a workout so of course that can be done every day.

• keep hair done

keep outfit fresh and new

signature scent

couple swipes of makeup

eyebrows done

eyelashes curled

teeth bleached

take 2 showers everyday lol

• head- my hair I always gotta make it look good and the waxing of my eye brows! no make up unless its a special occasion

clothing- I don't try much unless its a special occasion

• a decent amount but I've met girls who do more.

i wash my hair every day so it isn't oily sometimes I iron it which takes less than 20 minutes but looks best most of the time

don't dye my hair

get a smoothing treatment about twice a year

eyebrows threaded every few weeks

nails every 3 or so weeks

put on some makeup every day but not usually a full face, just some liner, mascara, a bit of concealer and sometimes powder my brows slightly since they fall on the thin side

and I go to the gym about 4 times a week to keep up my figure, I could be better about what I eat..i tend to sometimes eat a lot and sometimes be healthy but I'm not fat because I balance it.

i don't always wear such fancy or put together clothes but I'm not the type who walks out in sweats and a baggy tee with my hair a mess either. at the very least I usually wear jeans and a plain solid shirt that is fitted.

• On a scale from 1-10 maybe a 3 or 4.

I understand that I could be putting a ton more effort into my appearance and I have done that for a while (I was maybe at about an 8. If I put more effort into fashion it would have been a 9) but honestly it didn't improve my self confidence any, I didn't notice any difference in the way that people treated me, guys STILL didn't notice me, so basically it was a waste. I'm a lot happier now too.

What I do:

I have a little skin regimen, a brush my teeth, make my hair look somewhat decent, wear lipbalm because chapped lips feel uncomfortable, and I just make sure I'm clean. I do a little bit of cardio but that's purely for health reasons.

What I don't do:

I don't use perfume-waste of money

I rarely shave-no one is seeing the hairy parts anyway so it's a waste of time

Make my hair look nice-I make sure it looks somewhat decent which actually takes a lot just to get that way so I don't bother trying to make it look exceptionally nice.

Put on makeup-It feels disgusting and it made my skin worse and gets all over everything.

Wear accessories- Meh seems like a waste. I own two rings and a pair of earrings and I don't even wear those I just keep them for sentimental value.

Put thought into what I'm going to wear-I think it's stupid.

Do my eyebrows-I think it's unnecessary unless you have a unibrow. Natural eyebrows look so much better.

...and anything else that I didn't include in my "what I do list"

I feel so free now. I don't feel like a slave to beauty.