Why is it so hard for my underarms to look nice when shaved?

There are bumps and it grows quickly. I shave all directions using a shaving gel and a disposable two blade razor. I'd like to wear light shirts without being self conscious. Help? :P Thank you.

I bought a Nair ShowerPower hair removal for sensitive skin. 10 dollars. I'll see how that goes. Exfoliating, tee tree oil.. I shall try. I'm getting into different beauty products. XD Thanks and have a good day/night!

Most Helpful Girl

• Try not to use razors.. use hair removal creams such as Nair & Sally Hansen. Those will keep it smooth and also keep the hair away longer! oh and you won't feel prickly or get cuts!

• Ohhh. That sounds great. How much should they cost? And does it make your skin burn, irritate, be red for a while or things like that?

• I will try it. Thanks~

• oh no problem! I hope it works! it's all I use! I do recommend Nair though.. above Sally Hansen

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• Soak the skin in hot/warm water. Then use a nondull/new razor. You might want to stay away from disposable ones and see how that works. You can also wax or use nair/veet and see how that works.

• Mine grows back quite quickly too. This is what works best for me: I wait till it's pretty long ( not really grossly long), and soon before I'm just about to get out of the shower (I heard if you let them "soak" it's easier to shave), I use ordinary soap (usually Ivory), soap it up all where there's hair, take my razor which is Schick quatro for women, and shave from top to bottom. If there's still hair, I put more soap on if needed and do it again, sometimes in the opposite direction. That's all I do, and they come out really smooth and hairless. If this doesn't work, maybe you have sensitive skin. In that case, I have no idea what to do. Good luck :)

• I exfoliate everything every day which has helped both my underarms and my bikini area.

Body scrub is relatively inexpensive and I would invest in an unscented kind and exfoliate every day. See if this makes a difference.

• Try waxing or nair.And when you finish removing the hair,try using tea tree oil that will help keep bump at bay.Research tea tree oil girly...

• Don't forget to throw a little reward to someone here who helped.Whomever provided the best advice I'm sure would love BA. :)

• :p

• I have the same problem as you, I have very sensitive skin, I haven't found a solution that works for me yet and believe me I've tried many, what I do though is put cream after shaving, it does help but it's not the solution, I hope you have more luck than me :P don't loose hope like me lol there must be a solution somewhere xD