Why do girls wear make up?

I am just curious since I find women without make up a lot more attractive

Most Helpful Girl

• Because it makes us feel much more confident cause we get to hide all the things that make us feel insecure and ultimately we know that the "beautiful" or "hot" girls in the media who guys love wear make-up so we just kinda assume that we should wear make-up as well so we can be considered hot like them.

• makes sense

media does play a big role in everything

What Girls Said 13

• Clearly, we don't wear makeup to get guys, just to put that front and center.

Speaking for myself...I spent so many years not wearing it...because I didn't know how to put it on unless a professional did it for me.

I did pageants when I was younger..I still do from time to time...but I always love the feeling of looking "dolled up" I used to ask my makeup artist "are you gonna make me look pretty, like a doll?" And then BAM I would see myself is the most vibrant and glowing form afterwards..and I would feel like I am on top of the world...

lol

You know, I am currently in the career path of becoming a dermatologist and makeup artist.. because they go hand and hand. I love skin.. I love to see clear skin, I admire people with nice clear faces who look radiant and feel naturally happy with them selves. Makeup done correctly to enhnace beauty gives most people or girls the same feeling. It gives a certain confidence and sprinkle to a girls appearance. Something most girls already have..but like 10 times more special. You know, I love makeup. I remember my first client I did was my aunt...she is a diabetic.. and is she 60.. For a long time she had these horrid acne scars from medication she took which made her face look like molded cheese. I mean..she wouldn't look in the mirror for sh*t..she hated herself in pictures..she went to the dermatologist about that..and they gave the something to help with it...but the scars where still there.. I did her face makeup...Made her look like herself before that sh*t..She started crying in joy, it might have been a temporary thing..but this is why I appreciated that stuff. And makeup can be art too. It is so many things.

• Honestly, since I started college last semester, I've been looking more and more "dead" - just plain tired. That is one of the main reasons why I wear makeup: to brighten me up in the face. Plus, I've been paying more attention to my clothes and hair. And because of that, I feel as if I'm not complete if I don't put on some makeup from time to time. I'm not saying I have no confidence in myself, but I feel the same way about nail polish and some accessories. I also love playing around with different looks (that also applies to clothes, polish, etc.).

So to answer your question: it's a personal choice. Every girl has her reasons for wearing makeup.

• if I don't wear makeup, I feel like I look weird without it. I'll look kind of boyish especially now that I cut my hair into a pixie. but I don't wear that much makeup. just a hint of blush, mascara, eyeliner, and lipstain. I make it look natural, just to add a hint of color to my face. I don't want to look to fake either.

• I think it's because sometimes females try to enhance a feature to make it more presentable.

Such as eye liner to make the eyes pop more and lipstick to make the lips more nicer looking.

Basically, the less flawed the better.

• Do the opposite of what guys say

Because guys say one thing, but do another.

"Dumb girls are a turnoff" But then they date/marry stupid chicks

"I hate girls who wear makeup" Yet the cake faces are the ones they choose

It's one of those naive assumptions to say you find women w/o makeup a lot more attractive, since even the women you think who aren't wearing makeup are generally wearing makeup.

Y'all confuse no makeup for a natural look

• To sometimes cover impefections AND it is possible to wear makeup and still look bare faced.

• to enhance their features, or to cover up "flaws" like acne.

• Makeup makes me more confident outside! :) But I wear no makeup at home. It hurt my skin no matter how expensive the makeup is!

• 1)to cover pimples

2)they feel like it

3)they feel ugly

4)cover up bruises

5)makes them feel pretty

• if worn properly, the person looks better. a lot better.

• without make up will b a disaster -.-

• because Iam ugly and Iam hiding it

• You are confusing the natural look with no makeup that's why

What Guys Said 7

• I can't agree with you more. I don't mind a bit of eye makeup, but that's it. It's more of a self-assurance that the world will think that they are pretty. I've grown up in a family of girls and it's just the natural thing for girls to pay attention to their self beauty. Just like how guys are into technology, beer, barbeques, and sports. It's just a "gender thing".

• Well it makes them feel more comfortable in their own skins. Personally I am not against make up, as a thespian in high school we had to wear it for plays. Though I do agree that less is more but there are some women out there strolling this earth looking like clowns. Such a shame.

• I don't care, if it makes them prettier... bring on the fakeness.

• no you just only notice the girls who don't know how to put it on well.

• Make up is the woman's friend at night and guy's nightmare in the morning =)

• Just to make guys mad...I have thought about this for a long, long time and now I am sure of it...(:

• Because women know that it makes them look and feel like a slut which to them makes them feel empowered. Women enhance their looks to manipulate men and get what they want.