Which do you prefer a female or male tattoo artist and why ?

So I am a female Tattoo artist and a little over half of my clientele is female, I get some men, but their first question is "Am I Single", and as soon as I say no I am married, they go to the male artist, But what does my status have to do with a Tattoo ? The male clientele I do have prefers a female artist, but have never really answered why that is. So I am wondering what do you prefer and why, and I guess why does my relationship status have to matter ? :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Many men have little use for a women who is not available to them. Plain and simple.

But good tattoo work doesn't have a gender to me.

I usually look at the Artist's work and determine if they're capable of the quality I require, the art style I'm looking for, and the price I can actually afford.

Guys probably just want to chat you up because you're a female tattoo artist and they think that's hot. But if you're not available to them, then to hell with that. They're going to want to speak to a man about handling some actual legitimate business.

What Guys Said 2

• I've never gotten a Tattoo before but my sister is a Tattoo artiest. she's also married but she has done tattoos on a few guys mainly her husband. what I've noticed is allot of those guys seem to bring a girl with them so that might be a reason it doesn't matter. I haven't asked her but I think she does get more girls asking for a tattoo than guys.

personally if I get a tattoo I'll get my sister to do one for me so gender isn't really an issue for me.

• Female, Because I'm not gay...?

• Lol, I don't think going to a male for your Tattoo would make you gay...

What Girls Said 3

• I used to be a tattooist and most of my clients were male ha ha I'm studying to be an art teacher at the moment but I still get work done by a guy I used to work with. I go to him because he's crazy good and I get free work. I imagine most men like the novelty of a female tattooist, granted you're probably really attractive to them also. When they hear you're married they probably lose heart a bit haha

• I've had four tattoo artists, 3 of which have been male. Honestly, the gender doesn't bother me, but I would just want to see their portfolio of past work they've done.

As for you situation, guys are probably just looking for a way to hit on you, and when they're shut down they move onto another (male) artist.

• They wanna flirty with you while getting a tattoo.to make that money, I'd use the tactic that teen pop stars use and play the single role so as not to discourage any fans lol