There is no shampoo left so what can I use instead?

You get the idea, I have ran out of shampoo. Do not say do not wash your hair... because I want to! Any ideas on a substitute? Can I use body wash? I have conditioner! I am sceptical about using washing up liquid, I hear it can strip your hair and I have recently dyed mine!

Thanks ahead for any help! :)

I used a bar of soap and it worked wonders! :D I have college in the morning so didn't want to go with greasy hair!

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. borrow from a neighbor

2. use dry shampoo:

Make it yourself, it works well:

There are different ways of doing this but I like to keep things simple so this is what I do. I also brush my hair before I start.

Mix one Tbsp. baking soda with 8 oz. hot water and stir or shake until well dissolved. You can use a funnel and put this in a container like a squirt bottle.

Mix one Tbsp. apple cider vinegar in 8 oz. water. Again mix and store in a squirt bottle.

Essentially, you just replace the baking soda mix for shampoo and vinegar for conditioner. Wet hair well, rub in some of the baking soda and mix into your scalp well. Rinse. Then squirt it with the vinegar mix, rub it in and rinse.

I have long hair and the 8 oz. lasted me about 4-5 washings. If you use the same proportions, you can mix a larger amount and keep in a larger bottle if you want.

What Guys Said 8

• 1|0
  • Body wash will do fine and won't cause any damage. It's very mild soap. You should probably use the conditioner afterward for restoring natural oil to the hear.

• dishwashing liquid is a good substitute for shampoo, especially if the formula is soft on the hands...but your dye job will be rinsed out. :(

So, imo...use body wash if you have it, then use conditioner.

IF you don't have body wash...then just use your conditioner.

• Anything harsh will mess up the dye job. Frankly daily washing will mess up your dye job.

• Do NOT use dish washing liquid. Body wash is OK but will leqave your hair a little dry even if you use conditioner after it.

• egg is the best it conditions your hear you can then wash it off with a soap

• you can use your debit card and buy shampoo

• Id just try the conditioner and some hand soap mix

What Girls Said 6

• You can use body wash. It might make your hair drier than shampoo, but only using it once shouldn't hurt. Plus you have conditioner, which will help restore some of the moisture :)

You can also try adding a little bit of water to the old empty shampoo bottle, it might be enough to wash your hair until you can get another bottle tomorrow!

Good luck!

• a little bit of apple cider vinegar or if you don't have that than you can just condition your hair and dry it then put some baby powder or something similar at the roots to absorb some of the oil. :)

• 0|0
  • can you not wait until tomorow to buy some?

• when I'm running out of shampoo I use body wash instead :-)..work well with me :-)

• soap is soap is soap. You label it shampoo or bodywash.. and it still works the same.

• You can. It's just in a different physical state. A solid rather than a liquid. All you have to do is rub it into your hands a little bit then put it in your hair (make sure to rub thoroughly so you don't get chunks of solid soap in your hair). It's still the same as soap-- Sodium laureth sulfate <-- main ingredient.

• O.O..okay..ill use that if I run out of shampoo (that is only for emergency :/)

• Semen and rain water.