Girls like tall guys, girls like muscular guys, but don't taller guys look less muscular?

I am 6 foot 2 inches tall. I work out like mad!

I have worked really hard to get my muscles large, and in particular my arms.

When I walk around the weight room, I see that my arms are about as big as the guys that look SUPER JACKED who are around 5 foot 8 inches tall.

My arms are also the same size as guys who look pretty jacked who are 5 foot 10.

And then the same as pretty muscular 6 foot tall guys.

Are you getting the picture here. I am muscular, but because of my height, I look less muscular and more, normal. Almost slender. Height apparently hides muscle mass size!

I feel like this is a problem and unless I have GIANT biceps I will never actually look muscular because of my height.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does any other guys have this problem?

And, do ladies feel like a guy looks less muscular and therefore less appealing if his muscles are not large in comparison to the size of his body?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think so. I think its more of a right proportional when it comes to tall, muscular guys. Tall guys usually fill out the muscles throughout their body if that makes sense. Whereas shorter guys tend to look bulkier. Personally I love a tall guy who takes care of himself. He doesn't have to have large muscles as long as he exercises and cares about his health.

What Girls Said 3

• To be honest, I like a guy who's pretty slender with just a fair bit of muscle, but gotta have abs lol. Seriously though, as muscles on a guy to a certain point (I don't really like guys that have weakling girl-looking arms) don't even concern me, it's just a huge turn-on for me if a guy is athletic and has abs, and not even really hardcore abs either. That's what I like, anyway. Hope I helped:)

• But the weakling girl looking arms thing is what I am talking about.

Due to my height, my arms appear much smaller than they are!

Could you possibly post a pic of the thinnest a guys biceps need to be? *use a tall guy pic if possible.

• If you were listening, she also said likes abs--- and as a tall guy, getting nice abs is much easier than a short guy like me. So it's not such a horrible thing being tall you know. ;)

• Sorry it won't let me post links until I'm level 4 :( anyways I'll explain it to you the best I can. I in fact am way more attracted to guys who have nice abs (and not hardcore abs either) rather than biceps that are HUGE. They seem to overwhelm me, whereas a tall, slim guy with average muscles is just perfect for me. Tall guys, even if they don't have huge biceps, are really attractive to me and the way they can wrap themselves around me. Sorry I couldn't reply sooner, hope I helped :)

• It is not a problem, if a girl is smart she will realize that different body types build up muscle in different ways. When you look really jacked up I personally think that it can get to be to much and then become unattractive.

• I think taller and smaller is better than a body builder.I have wondered if those guys are going to pop while working out one day.

What Guys Said 7

• Not to hate on short guys but if they are really buff it always seems to me they are over-compensating. Tall guys can become pretty muscular mind you, it all depends on body type. And please, don't compare your physical appearance to others if you are still growing, it's really exceptional to be able to gain muscle weight if you are still growing.

• If you mean still growing in height, no. I am 27 and am no longer growing in height.

• if you are taller your muscles are stored over a bigger area due to your size

so naturally people that are lifting the same as you but shorter will look a lot more jacked

but I have been told from girls that once a taller guy gets more mass than the shorter guy he will look a lot more appealing

• You are over thinking this. I wouldn't consume yourself. Girls are really not that into muscles. I've seen it go both ways a lot.

• That is like saying guys are not into sexy thin and tight female bodies

• They are not always into that either. I don't see your point.

• Height has nothing to do with body type.

If you're an ectomorph, you're a hard gainer and your frame is naturally thinner.

There are tall ectomorphs and short ectomorphs. Height is masculine trait in itself.

• its all about proportion not size,no ofense your not jacked (but your also not skinny in a bad way(but lets just say you have 16 inch arms and your 6'2 if a guy that's 5'6 also has 16 inch arms he is gonna look bigger because of proportion its like a ratio if your gonna compare yourself compare yourself to some one your size

• Dude, that is exactly my point. I am actually pretty muscular and fairly big, but I look, as you said, not skinny and not jacked!

Yeah, I understand the proportion thing. My question relates to whether girls REALIZE this or if they just think that the tall "less muscular" guy is less appealing.

• Man I'm 6'5, I work out all the time but still stay slender and lean. For me its no biggie. The short guys often feel like they have to make up for their lack of height by getting huge. Us taller guys no biggie lol. Anyways most girls aren't going to want to date a slab of meat. Stay fit stay in shape, but get to big and you can just scare people off.

• Why do you want to look like a gorilla? Many girls think that's a bit too much and they get the impression that you are too into yourself.

• So girls don't like attractive muscular guys because they might be into themselves?

• All I know is that when a hot actor in a movie comes up many girls love their breath or even gasp. Guys like Matt Damon. And when in "girl groups" where they talk about girl stuff they tend to talk about how hot their bodies are.

So, that size is what is apparently ideal.

• You have to consider the entire picture when you observe behavior like that. The guy has blue eyes, a big confident smile, he plays roles like Jason Bourne an adventurous man that is strong and smart, but also vulnerable (because he lost his memory) and falls in love with a random girl on the street. =P Girls buy into all that crap. Then he's got wealth, fame, and status. It's not just his body.