Will my pear shape look okay in this dress?

I'm pear shaped and want this dress - link

I'm not huge, only a size 10 but I don't know if it will make me look more unbalanced because I have small boobs (32A) or if it will look okay. However, I've been told I have quite a nice bum and legs which is unusual for a pear shape (I thought) because every one goes on about how you should cover your bottom half if your a pear.

link - ignore my disgusting face and I know I have my arms folded, but can you imagine this dress on me. What do you think? Thanks :)

Wow I wasn't expecting that many comments, but thanks :) I figured I'll order it and if I don't like it I'll send it back.

Most Helpful Guy

• I can't see anyone with a disgusting face in the picture but I'll assume you're the one in the orange with the tasty looking thighs and hips.

Well, I've spent a lot of time looking at pear shaped women (my favorite!) so I'll try to help ...

I think that dress would look okay but not _great_ on you. That dress would look best on a stick. It suggests a rectangle pinched at the middle, but it won't look like that on you.

I'd guess something wider in the shoulder would be more 'perfect' on you. A small cap shoulder, an 'off the shoulder' type strap, or a short sleeve will make your hips look good, not exaggerated. You don't need to HIDE your bum, you just don't need to try to make it look even bigger compared to your upper body.

Ideal silhouette would be:

link

though that one is a little expensive!

I looked briefly on the site your dress was on, I wondered about things like:

link

link

link

link

I'm sure you'll look great, but I hope you also feel great with whatever you get.

What Guys Said 3

• your a pretty girl, and yes it will look good on you because you have curves and you need to show your curves off more and I love a girl with curves

• girl in white is not that pretty

girl in orange is pretty

• You're too harsh on yourself

What Girls Said 12

• you don't look like a pear to me...you look pretty well proportioned, you ll look great in the dress.

• lol, at your attempt at trying to hide your friends faces, but yes I think that dress will look nice on you.

• you will look hot in it.

• Yeah that dress will be fine. It looks like it will go great with your body shape.

• I think you'd look fine

You're not chubby or bad looking, so for someone like you I'd recommend something that hugs your curves, cause your pear shape isn't bad like some chicks

• I think you'd look good in that dress. Plus you have a very cute face. Don't be so hard on yourself :)

• it's a very nice dress and you have a beautiful curvy body I bet you'll look hawt in it ;)

• I believe that would look good on you. Go for it!

• i think it would look amazing on you and your face is not disgusting!

• it depends the kind of dress you wear. try make your shoulders look bigger though so you can even out your figure.

• Yes, I think it will look good with your figure.

• I love the dress, totally my style :P, anyway I think it would look great on you, my auntie is also pearshaped and she always wear those types of dresses and she looks great in them so I think you would look great too ;)

So yes! go for it and you don't have a disgusting face, I think your very pretty and that you will look really good in that dress :)