Am I superficial and shallow for end up only dating "hot" guys"?

When I think of all the guys I've dated there's not a ugly or average one, I feel bad about that because maybe it makes me a superficial person.

What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not really because those guys asked you out didn't they? Everyone wants the best and there is nothing wrong in wanting the best if you are able to get it as well.

The only time I think that it is shallow is if you are ugly/average and you refuse to date ugly/average guys and only hot guys or if you are hot and you refuse to date hot guys and only date ugly/average guys.

Most importantly I think it is superficial in general if someone will use only one criteria (attractiveness, skin color, height etc.) to accept or dismiss someone.

What Guys Said 5

• I don't think you're superficial or shallow for only having dated hot guys. It's more likely that you're just able to date these guys because you're attractive too.

But, if the only thing that you care about in a guy is that he is hot that would make you superficial. This doesn't sound like it's the case. If you "couldn't' date a guy unless he was hot that would make you picky and maybe a bit superficial, but in your case its just your experience so far.

• Would you date an average looking guy? if yes you're not superficial. If you don't know you're probably superficial, but it seems to work for you so, whatever.

• could also be that the guys are normal but you think they are hot ;)

its normal to be attracted to "hot" guys so not really

• Obviously. Usually the better looking someone is the more likely it is that they will cheat. If I had an easy chance to get with hot women I would only have them for a one-night-stand. I would only go for above average or cute girls for relationships. When I get older I most likely be willing to go for an average woman.

• Nope. Just means you have options. Most girls and guys would only date hot people if they had the opportunity.

What Girls Said 1

• Ah, man if this was a guy asking this... I'm pretty sure a lot women would seriously harrass him about this. :$