What does it mean when pants and skirts fit your waist but are too wide on the legs?

I think it means I have wide hips but I don't think I do I'm pretty slender and my friends tease me about it never once have they said I have curves but I have stretch marks which they don't seem to believe..I know its normal to have stretch marks on boobs but I don't. Plus they're small so why would I be curvy? Skirts look shorter than they should and I can't wear them because they ride up and shorts don't cover everything unless I wear leggings and spandex...I think most pants/skirts are designed for small or flat women but I don't want to go to a special store or pay extra for a design like apple bottom jeans because it fits on the waist but not below and the jeans in stores I go to like Ross fit but are tight in the hips to knee

I wanted more answers from girls because I'm pretty sure I don't have a big butt but the skirts look shorter than I thought and I don't like that so how do I make them longer or look longer without pulling the skirt down because if I do it won't be on my waist anymore and it looks slanted

Most Helpful Girl

• Wide hips possibly

What Guys Said 2

• Some girls for whatever reason have thicker calves. That's what I think it means...even if they're talking about clothing.

• You're probably going to suffer this teasing a few more years, but once you hit legal age and the mature guys can legally date you...just get ready for all the attention you're going to get! Your friends might be teasing you because they're jealous. Or it might be they don't understand the sexual attraction your body is about to start putting out.

Just get ready. If you don't already, you're going to have a lot of guys who want you sexually, so prepare yourself to filter the deserving from undeserving so that you don't get used and taken advantage of because of your body.

And when you turn 21, start wearing those skirts and let them ride up. Hold off until then; you need some time to find yourself before you intoxicate us guys with your sex appeal.

• Guess its true,when I wore a skirt and was at the bus stop at night a car honked but I was scared since I was alone it was dark,there wasn't a bench but it wasn't even a short skirt and I had vans shoes..then once I was going to school waiting for the bus& had a skirt,a guy straight up asked if I was 18 not even a hi,i said no &he walked away.good thing I look younger than I am because I'll be 18 this yr.I hardly see guys my age out in public I guess they're in cars but definitely not alone like me

What Girls Said 2

• Hey so what you need to do is buy mid-rise jeans and pants, what this will do is fit a littel bit higher on the waist and gradually getting a little bit smaller from the top of the waist band all of the way down to your ankel. A great place to get jeans is a store called Delia's there jeans seem to fit everyone perfectly because they have many diffrent options. The jean that I would get for you is called the Mallory mid-rise skinny jean... it is amazing! The other jean that I suggest is the Olivia jegging because they will fit tighter everywhere and they seem to come up on your waist a little more. Hope this helped!

• i am thinking you are a bit of an apple shape. you probably don't have a super defined waist line and you probably carry more of your weight in your upper half and have skinny legs and a smaller butt and not such wide hips compared to your waist.'

i'm the opposite, clothes will be tight in the ass and hips but loose in the waist, because I have a small waist, big hips, and a big ass/thick thighs.

so if they fit in the waist but are big in the legs I am thinking your legs are thin in proportion to your upper body.