I'm 5'6 living in a world where 6 feet tall men are praised. Shouldn't be a problem for me right?

i mean height isn't everything. just because I'm not 6 feet tall doesn't mean I can't be a good relationship partner.

Most Helpful Girl

• Height doesn't matter to me. I would, and have, dated guys who are shorter than me, about the same height, and taller than me. There are far more important things in a relationship than a person's height.

Are there some girls who prefer to date, or only date, guys that are taller than them (or guys who are very tall)? Yeah. Personally, I wouldn't want to date someone who puts something as superficial as height at the top of their priorities when finding a partner.

What Girls Said 10

• I'm 5ft3 and my boyfriend is 5ft6. I think how tall you are seems to promote some sort of primitive response with a woman, but if I were you, I wouldn't worry too much. I'd rather be with someone I connect with in many ways than focus on something shallow like how tall you are.

• Umm you're generalising bro

Im 5'7 and my ex boyfriend was 5'5?

The importance of appearance is not always a HUGE factor in every relationship.

• Being a good "relationship partner" has nothing to do with height

• No I wouldn't say so...there are plenty of girls who wouldn't mind or would like that...just like some guys like shorter girls and some like taller...

• Ha ha I'm 5'1 and my boyfriend is 5'4 but muscley makeing him look even shorter so don't worry about it :) he's still the awesomest guy in the world as long as you have a good personality and let's be honest don't look like you go kicked in the face you'll be fine :)

• I personally try to avoid dating guys who aren't at least 5'11because I'm 5'6"

• SHALLOW!

• Yeah Yeah tell me something I don't know

• Archer86 is just bitter because he has a real problem with being short, black, and over 40 and still alone. We women are allowed preferences, its called evolution. Why are people taller than people from 50s ago? Genetic selection and nutrition. Let the losers cry foul, their genes are unwanted.

• I like your height.

Being a good partner doesn't have anything to do with your height but what you have to offer, emotionally and mentally.

• Right, Sweetheart don't worry about it. I like a tall guy . . . or any guy taller than me. Lol

I am 5'4''. I think your height is great!

• Are you asian?...LOl just kidding don't sweat it so much. There are plenty of petite girls out there in the world that will make you feel tall(er).

• of course not, 5'9 isn't really that short for a guy anyway. My last boyfriend was 5'6 and we didn't have any problems.(At least with his height lol).

What Guys Said 8

• Well, technically it isn't a worldwide thing. The average height for men globally is around 5'6-5'7. You probably just live in a country with a lot of tall males. Height doesn't make much to do with ones capabilities as a relationship partner, but it does play a role in how attractive a woman sees a guy.

Short stature is a disadvantage, but it's one of MANY that exist. Instead of focusing on the disadvantages you have, try focusing on the things you've got going for you. You're not out of the game.

• Depends on where you live. In the western world, particularly in the States, being vertically challenged is a living hell on men. Women from other cultures won't mind as much.

• quit complaining. I'm 5'1 and at 27 I doubt I'm going to get any taller. :P lol

• oh no! that's terrible. has it impacted your love life?

• still can't see over most fridges well. other than that I don't really care about how other people view me so in general I would say no.

• grow a mohawk to make yourself look taller ;), but for serious, your height is fine. Its all about how you carry yourself and how comfortable you are with it. I'm like 5"10 and I see guys that are 5"4 and 5"3 getting laid all the time, so it is possible

• It astounds me how many guys who are MY HEIGHT ask these questions. I've never felt the need to ask a question like this.

• I hear ya, I'm 5'10" and I feel inadequate most of the time.

• i'm 57, how do you think I feel?

• Plenty of girls like oompa lumpas .

You'll be alright!