Can I trust the shampoos at discount stores?

If you go to stores like Marshalls, they often have expensive shampoos that have been heavily discounted. I am always worried about buying these products there because I don't know if they are legit or not. At least when I buy from Ulta or my hairdresser I know I am getting the real deal.

Am I safe to buy the shampoos at Marshalls or Ross?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes ma'am

I personally use David Babaii because it's sulfate & mineral oil free and on rare occasions I can find it at Ulta or Sally's, so normally I go to TJ Maxx & buy the David Babaii that they have on sale. My mom has used some of the CHI, Rusk and other high end shampoos & conditioners that are at discount stores and they've worked just fine just as mine have.

Alot of times the shampoos being sold there are being "phased out" by that particular brand and they just need to get rid of them or they're redoing the packaging/image of the brand.

They're the real deal

What Guys Said 4

• Don't give it a thought; they're fine. Heck I've been scrubbin my noggin with a bar of soap since I was a kid and I've still got more hair than the shower drain at the homeless shelter.

• I do have to be careful because my hair is dyed.

Some products can be fake and have awful ingredients in them and you THINK you are using this awesome shampoo when you're not.

• Undye your head. It don't need to be colored up. ; - )

• Personally...i don't think you have anything to worry about.

Just make sure that when you buy it at a discount store, that you use it ASAP (as in buy one bottle instead of stocking up because it's cheap).

It's probably at the end of its shelf life, and is probably less effective after its expiration date; that's why it's discounted imo.

Buy one bottle at a time, and you should be good. ;-)

• stick to what you're comfortable with

I don't like buying discount items that has

something to do with how you look

• Yes it's safe my gf has done it before and she said her hair was at its best

What Girls Said 4

• You'll be fine. Expensive shampoo doesn't always get the job done.

Just find a shampoo that will be gentle with your hair.

Last time I checked, even body wash gets the job done.

• Don't worry about it! They buy stuff hair salons got too much of:) I've used ulta and TJMaxx and it's the same thing.

• Of course you can, why wouldn't you?

• they're the exact same... just one's waaaaaayyy cheaper!