What kind of massage should I get?

I don't really know a thing about massages, since I'm too poor to get one... but I found out that the massage therapy students at my college give out $5 massages to get experience.

I am extremely out of shape and in a dance class (a very painful combination) and this results in extremely sore muscles after every class. I've had awful hamstring pain since Monday, and I'm seriously considering getting one of those massages, but I don't know what I need. I know these people are only going to be students, and not very experienced, so I don't want something where they will be pushing hard (my legs hurt to the touch anyway) but I want something that will relax my sore muscles. (not just hamstrings, since I won't really be able to get an appointment until after my legs will feel better anyway.) Does anybody know massage therapy that could recommend a good massage? Keep in mind, this is just cheap college student stuff, so there probably won't be much of anything fancy, like with scented oils and acupuncture...

Most Helpful Guy

• a massage with those hot rocks! and one that is $35 for an hour.

• ah... I looked that up and it sounds perfect... But I can't afford that :( The only way I'll be able to get a massage would be a $5 one from the massage class. I will definitely ask if they do that though...

What Guys Said 3

• Chinese style massage is great for relieving the soreness. Theyll do a sort of acupressure over the wole body, using as much force as they think you need and can stand.

• oily thai massage is always good

• any massage will feel good.

• uh, maybe not deep tissue... That would kill me. Dead. Or the ones that don't target sore muscles, since those won't do me any good.

What Girls Said 3

• while you're considerting and hunting for the best massage for your bucks, in the meantime you might want do some mild therapeutic streches to take care of that hamstring you have. Here are some suggestions:

1. Lay on your back slowly straighten knee (the injured leg) until stretch is felt in back of thigh.

2. Place foot (the injured side that felt pain) on stool/step. Slowly lean forward keeping back straight until stretch is felt on back of thigh.

3.Lay on back with leg (again the hurting one) on top. Gently pull other knee toward chest until strecht is felt in buttock/hip of top leg. (hold 10-30 sec)

4. Rest your injured leg on flat surface without bending knee. Lean forward toward your toes by bending at waist and keeping your back straight.

DO THIS STRETCH 5X-10X PER SET, PER SESSION 2X A DAY.

Hope this helps. Feel better

• HOT STONE MASSAGE

Or just a nice back/neck/shoulder massage.

• just a nice back/neck/shoulder massage.

• but that wouldn't target my sore muscle areas, especially if my legs are the part that's sore.