How do I look as good as other girls?

I need to know how to look like a pretty girl. How they could have all of those nice (and often times expensive) clothes, shoes, accessories, and makeup when they have the same sucky job as me, or the equivalent. I can't afford to buy all of those expensive items.

For hair, I can't seem to manage my hair that well. It's intolerably curly and it only looks decent when it's straight (because my curls aren't defined unless it's wet, it's kinda ummm..nappy when it's dry). I don't know what to do with it anymore

So how do I look pretty when all I have is ugly/cheap clothes and ugly hair?

Most Helpful Girl

• for clothes, I think you should buy what you could afford but it still looks good on you and then sometimes you should splurge on a couple of expensive items and mix those with your inexpensive clothes and then your whole outfit looks like million bucks with just one or two expensive items. Theirs even really trendy second hand stores that sell cool hip stuff instead of the salvation army. Like the store "buffalo exchange" has second hand clothing that's really trendy but its affordable. as for the hair, I don't know just find a good conditioner that can tame that frizz.

What Guys Said 4

• You gotta shop smarter, or even shop imitation :D. Experiment with your hair until you can get it right as well.

• Ebay hun... its great you can buy clothes on there cheaper than in stores and just as new. Just make sure that you look at the shipping cost(to see that it is reasonable) and their return policy

As far as hair goes I don't know. I'm not a very nit picky person about my hair. 4 me its flat I'm fine lol fine in both ways ;-)

Hope I could have been some form of help

(Also their PARENTS could be the ones with money not themselves)

• Guys can't tell the difference between cheap and expensive clothes. You should buy clothes that you can afford and look good in.

• MONEY, hahaha

• But they get paid the same or around the same as me yet they have more & better clothes than me (they even have designer stuff, I don't own a single designer item)

• They don't care what I do what my money, but even if they did it's not like I can afford them anyway. I don't really care much about designer stuff I just want an upgrade from what I currently have.

• Then, go with new stuff of what you already have, sorry it took so long to comment back, it didn't notify me

What Girls Said 6

• It doesn't matter how much money you have-in England there is a shop called Primark that is unbelievably cheap and it does all the latest fashion-there must be shops like that where you are. I always buy clothes that I like the look of and then take them home to try on because the mirrors in the shop are made to make you look slimmer and better to encourage you to buy-so don't be fooled by them-you can always take back what doesn't suit you. For your hair-just set aside time each day to straighten it and go to a good hairdresser ever 6 weeks and they can give you tips on how to manage and style it if you ask them.

• well for clothes, just try to find what suits your body shape, it doesn't have to to be the trendiest thing at the moment so long as it looks good on you..

as for curly hair... get some sort of hair serum..that manages curly hair.. I have this garnier one called curl control..and it does a pretty good job of my hair :)

• Price of clothes doesn't matter. My secret weapon is color. Take your mom or BFF shopping with u ask honestly what colors look best on u when u try stuff on. I don't know if I'm pretty but my style is ponytails, mascara, and flattering colored garments (normally bought at goodwill) Most importantly- if u have confidence u will look prettier, walk with your head up and shoulders back.

• I used to shop at abercrombie and all those crazy expensive stores when I was in high school and I still have an expensive taste for clothes but my parents aren't having it. so now I shop at Forever 21... so many things to choose from. and very cheap! evening, club, casual all that. such a good store. and your hair just get a new hair cut maybe that will perk things up! good luck

• They're probably in debt or prostitutes.

• Maybe they are just expert shoppers who know how to make a cheap outfit look good? Don't compare yourself to other girls honey I know it's hard but for all you know they could be going into debt to get what they have or their boyfriends give them money. Try shopping at thrift stores for some accessories and basic pieces and just create your own looks.