Girls-- would you expect a girl doing makeup videos online to be well dressed and styled?

Would her credibility as a source for makeup advice be lessened if she was in her pajamas?

People ask me how I do my eye makeup so I was going to make a few videos of how-tos. But I normally do my makeup first in my morning routine, meaning I'm still in pjs and my hair is a mess.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well being simple and down to earth and not without flaws often works. Just look at Jenna Marbles. link - 39 million views

But you have to explain that in the intro vid. And have pro caliber pix taken showing your makeup end-result is up to snuff.

A little non-nonchalant creative editing and good humor, and you just might get yourself a lot of views.

What Guys Said 5

• Yeah you should be presentable when doing something like that, I mean if there was a lady who was well dressed and a lady who was in pj's. I'd take the makeup advice better off the well dressed lady, it just looks better as in it reflects she's more serious about the topic at hand :)

• Im not a girl but image is everything when it comes to fashion..i suggestthat ifyou do the video that you only where a nice top and be close to the camera.there going to be focused on your face and upper body.make sure you speak well too just because its gonna br a ghetto YouTube video doesn't mean you don't have to talk well

• yes and no. yes because the nice clothes would compliment the makeup and vice versa, but no because you're focusing on a doing a makeup video, not a style tutorial.

• So if you look really bad then the video has to be positioned where it's above your neck and aimed at your face more so than a whole body shot. You should be presentable, if not then it's possible no one is going to want to follow your instructions. I'm not a girl but I wouldn't mind PJs... maybe the hair... yeah I draw the line _____ on the hair

• I forgot to say... you should do it I'm sure your very good at make up and stuff like that since you're so pretty. Good luck.

• I don't really think it would matter that much, maybe comb your hair a little depending on how messy it is and I guess it would also depends on what you wear as pjs.

What Girls Said 5

• It does help make the makeup look complete. If you skip out on your clothes and hair, all that hard work you did with your makeup would look 'blah.' It's like painting. If you only painted the main subject (person, building, etc) and you leave out the background and scenery, the painting would be incomplete.

If you're doing this as a favor, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you are wanting to do this professionally, I would consider treating it like a job and do everything the 'right' way. You could always cheat by wearing a nice shirt and leave your pajama bottoms on.

I hope this helped.

• well,it helps,cause it makes it seem like she knows her stuff,she knows what looks good,and she knows how to make herself look good. but it's not a must.

• The least I would expect is a nice top and brushed hair. If you're going to do more than one video, then put some effort into your overall presentation.

• i don't think it matters. if they are looking at your makeup then you shouldn't care about whatever else.

• yeah... I would expect to see her matching her make up with her outfit, not the other way around.