What is the difference in meaning of a guy calling a girl hot or pretty?

What's the difference of a guy calling a girl pretty or hot?

Most Helpful Guy

• Pretty: link

Hot: link

To me "hot" means more overtly sexual and "pretty" indicates that you look nice but aren't trying to turn anybody on.

What Guys Said 5

• Short and sweet.

When we call her Hot, we feel like F***ing her. And when we call het pretty or cute, we feel like kissing and cuddlin and holding her. Sex comes later.

For me, its the pretty and cute I will choose as wife.

Its me. Others may hav different opinion.

• Just had this conversation with a friend! For me at least if a girl is 'hot' it means she is only physically attractive to me. If she is 'pretty' she is both physically' and 'mentally' attractive to me, as in she looks good and she has a nice personality as well!

• both are physical compliements, but hot implies a degree of sexual chemistry that pretty doesn't necessarily.

• about 6 inches

• If he calls her hot , he thinks she's very attractive. If he calls her cute he thanks she's kinda xute

What Girls Said 2

• pretty means genuinely attractive

hot means sexually attractive...attractive body dressed in clothing to show it off. not necessarily good looking at all.

• Your question leaves me wondering if guys rather be with a hot or pretty girl?!

• One night stand: Hot

Relationship: Pretty/Cute

At least imo and that of a few friends of mine.