What to wear to prom?

Any advice would be great :)

Most Helpful Girl

• A nice suit. I can't really help you out more than that unless I know what you like or what you look like. Also, if you're going with a girl ask her if she wants you to match her dress with your tie. Personally I think it looks cute, but some girls think it looks too cheesy. If you want to stand out more than the other guys you could wear a suit with a colored pinstripe or if you're really brave you could wear a white suit. I'd stay away from bright colors lest you end up looking like a pimp... unless you're into that. You don't have to buy your suit either, you can check out some rental places if you think you're never going to wear it again. Good luck and happy hunting!

What Girls Said 3

• Wear a purple suit, Green vest, purple shirt and green tie if you want to be awesome...

Otherwise, get a few friends who share you're sense of style and go out and get something that matches your look...if you want to blend in and just be one of the people who happened to be there then you want something very traditional looking. If you're like me and want to be, you know, not a mindless part of the collective then you need to work a little harder at it.

And remember, the best part of prom is laughing your ass off at all the dumb people who got spray tans. Bright orange skin...not that sexy...

• Just a nice suit. A white shirt with a bright colored vest of tie and a black jacket is really hot.

• Of course you have to match your date. DO NOT wear a white suit. It's so tacky. But a nice black suit is fine. =)

What Guys Said 3

• You should be academically inelible to attend prom unless/until you master basic grammar/elementary spelling.

Seriously; prom, graduation and all the other extracurricular crap is worthless and meaningless if you get out of school without the basics to get a job and compete.

It's tough love, I know, but you need to spend less time dancing and more time studying.

It's wear, not where.

• Ok I don't think you really had to go ballistic on him for what was probably a simple typo. people come on here for answers to questions not to be ridiculed

and it also sounds like someone just plain never when to any extracurricular activities in HS

• What can I say I like to Bi*** and a pretty good at it. Debate class is good for something. 4.0 btw

• Just to be sure, were you talking about the spelling of my question? Because it says wear...not where...unless it somehow changed over night...?

• A nice looking suit, not a plain black suit or a black tux. Also the prom is nothing, if your school has a after grad party at the school, those are much better and are usually after the prom.

• Traditional black tux.

dont think ooo I wanna stand out and wear like purple blue or white or anything it looks really dumb just if you have a date make sure ur tie matches her dress