Girls and guys; would you assume that good looking people are stuck up if they don't talk?

So people have told me that I'm very attracted. Like I've had guys stop in their tracks just to say 'wow, your gorgeous!' while I'm at work. But I'm also very shy and some people assume I'm a snob because I don't talk.

I've always been shy but when I was younger I was very awkward looking and everyone just assumed I was shy. Now that I've grown out of that, I'm still just as shy and everyone thinks I'm a stuck up.

My question is would you be more likely to assume someone who is good looking was a snob rather than just shy if they didn't talk?

Most Helpful Guy

• As hypocritical as it sounds, yes I do assume. People think just because I'm a good looking that I'm outgoing but for most of my life I was small and not the best looking and as a result I was shy and always just kind of blended in to the background and I was okay with that, I had my few friends and that was enough. Then junior year I decided to get a new hairstyle and clothes to look more adult and all of a sudden I was getting googly eyes from the hot popular girls but being shy never ever progresses more than just eye contact . Anyways after spending years oberving people, I tend to naturally assume that all good looking people are outgoing (a habit I'm trying to get out of)

What Guys Said 9

• If I tired talking to you or relate to you and you totally blew me off or showed no emotion whatsoever (even in the presence of obvious humor, etc), THEN I might Start thinking they were stuck up or just shallow.

There is a girl at work that always like this (different department) and I was never about to break through this "Wall" to find out if she was shy or stuck up. I never really hit on her much either, just cracked jokes or asked her about her day. This kinda reminds of the meaning behind The Wall by Pink Flyod.

• If you have a scowl on your face when you don't talk, then of course everyone will think you're stuck up.

• No. Being a snob is about having a certain attitude. Usually snobby people are very outspoken, nasty, and act entitled. Some one who is timid doesn't look snobby at all.

• It would depend on their expression and mannerism when I said what I said. If I said she looked pretty and she frowned and turned away then ya, a little snobby, but if she kind of smiled and looked down or something they I'd peg her as shy.

• Not exactly. I assume some people are stuck up by the way they carry themselves.

• No not at all I guess people just pick up on expressions and can just sometimes tell.

• I'd assume they were mute.

• no.

• yes.

What Girls Said 2

• people always assume you're a snob if you don't talk, even when you're not that god-looking.

but its worse if you're good-looking.

• no not at all