The Beautiful People, The Beautiful People

I am starting to get a picture in my head.

I'm starting to think that maybe the reason why some of these beautiful people out there look as good as they do because they have such negative self esteem. Like they look as good as they do because they are trying so hard to counter the image they have of themselves in their mind. As if all they see are flaws and this is the result of their hard (and desperate) work to make those flaws go away.

what do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• That sounds like a pretty reasonable possibility, lol, at least in a lot of cases. Of course some people don't care at all and/or don't need to 'try' or don't bother to, so they may not apply to that theory but I think a lot of people do.

• Just decided to go through my old questions. Can't believe I never awarded a best answer. I suppose it's because there's no right answer. But anyway, here's 10 surprise points.

What Girls Said 9

• some beautiful people are just born that way because they're blessed with wonderful genes... and some wear a ton make up

• For some yes, but not for all of them. Some people are just naturally extremely attractive and they don't have to do much. Yes, some beautiful people are going to have a negative self esteem just like everyone else. There are infinite reasons for beautiful people, for people in general, to have negative self esteem. Maybe they had a parent who tried to devalue them and verbally abused them as a child so now they're just insecure. Maybe they had an older sibling or a cousin that they felt they always had to compete with. Maybe they were sexually abused and it deteriorated their self worth. Really and truly everything you're saying can be applied to beautiful people and not so attractive people as well. I think it's human nature for a lot of people to "hard (and desperately) work to make their flaws go away."

In all honesty, that theory sounds a bit like it could be made up by someone who may have some insecurities of their own about not being "one of the beautiful people". So they're trying to find some reason to negate from others' outer beauty so that they can feel better about what they have.

• I think all people are beautiful in their own way--- it just depends how much you try to make yourself beautiful, or how much you care.

If you look at some girls considered beautiful (close-up) you will see that their faces are packed with makeup, because in the end those girls think that beauty is by wearing tons of makeup (even if you took it off they'd be just as pretty they just wouldn't think so). If you compare that girl with a natural girl who's naturally beautiful, you still think she's attractive, just in a completely different way than the one who wears tons of makeup.

And no, not all pretty people have negative self esteem or are under confident. Some people just love the way they look and think that there are better things to worry about then your flaws in life.

• I think that when you try to be beautiful you en up becoming ugly. When you create beauty you simultaneously create the hideous Just like by defining laws you inherently create crime. By defining beauty you define ugliness. When you do not concern yourself with such things you can simple be and let your inner self shine. Kind of hippy like I know lol

• Interesting thought. Though I think in this case, creating laws is more like you're creating another crack in the system. I think the way that would translate is by trying to make something pretty, you then focus on some other imperfection, and it never ends.

• I have low self esteem and I'm no where beautiful or pretty at all.

I think of it as an intricately design. When it comes down to it, it's authenticity that matters.

I guess beautiful people have untrained eyes?

• For some, but I'd say most just take pride in their appearance for themselves or so they look good to others. I think the really beautiful people I see are confident as well as good looking.

• Um, sure in a way you're correct, but... idk. I might have to disagree.

• Well clearly I'm not talking about all pretty people (and I'm being pretty loose in my definition of pretty people) but anyway. Yeah fair enough. I just wanted some opinions.

• I think that is true in some cases.

• Some cases but not all.

What Guys Said 4

• They look good because they have fantastic genes.

• It's all relative to the size of your steeple.

• I think people that are evil or have suffered abuse have their souls poisoned and it reflects in their appearance eventually =0

• I think you bumped your head lol. I am an OK looking guy and I have not done anything ever to improve my looks. I have dated many beautiful girls that are just naturally and did not go way out of their way to improve their looks. Some had good self-esteem and some had bad self-esteem.