Ladies, what are Spanx?

Ladies, what are Spanx? Have you ever worn them? Asking,because the women who made them was on Time magazine's 100 most influential people 2012 and I have never heard of them.

Most Helpful Girl

• They are "shape ware." People wear them for different reasons. For example, people who are not heavy wear them to smooth out their bodies to give that really smooth appearance when wearing certain articles of clothes. Such as a tight, form fighting dress. It gives a nice look to your body.

Now if you have a few extra pounds, say some bumps, etc., it does the same thing. And you look and feel better.

Now they call them spanx, but they are just a new version of girdles. And they make them for men too. Yes, for men. In tee shirts and they are really hot sellers!

What Girls Said 4

• It's spandex underwear that pulls your fat together to make you look skinnier. They also have it from upper leg to boobs in one piece for if you're wearing a dress. I've never done it.

• The worst and most uncomfortable item of under clothing ever. Once you have pulled yourself into it, it rolls down and cuts into you and in actual fact doesn't make you look that different. I've worn it twice under really tight clothing and took it off after an hour.

• Basically and undergarment to smooth everything out

• Spanx are a tight piece of under clothing used to slim you down, and make you look more fit. A lot of cheerleaders and such use them, that's where I heard of them the most being used.

What Guys Said 1

• Spanx refer to physical violence inflicted upon a child in the name of discipline.