How does a bra size work, ladies?

If its a 32B or a 38 B... is there a difference? I know the number is he band around you chest area..but I have big bones there so the band there is naturally going to be bigger than my actual breast cup... so is there a difference? is 38 B a small one?

Most Helpful Girl

• yes the number is the band size the A,B,C, D is how many inches your chest sticks out from the band, A being one inch B being 2 inches and so on and so on. comprende

What Guys Said 3

• You are over 18 years old and you don't know what size of bra you wear? What have you been doing the past few years?

• I was reading the answers and I just thank god I don't have to pick out or wear bras.

• lol :D

• It sounds tough figuring it all out. Especially when you're reading everything peace.love.couture wrote.

• the letter is the size of your boobs the number is the inches for the strap that goes around.

What Girls Said 4

• Yes. the number is the width around your chest. Its like a belt, they come in different sizes to fit around your stomach (your chest in this case). The number is the cup size, the size of your breast. A 38 B would be a larger bra in length compared to a 32B. You don't have to be "fat" in order to wear a larger bra size. If you're just simply built large than you could wear a larger size. In a lot of bra/lingerie stores they are very willing and happy to measure you for free if you need to know. I suggest you do this or try on the bra in the dressing room to make sure its the proper size. Nothing's worse than spending money on a bra that doesn't fit right.

• you mean like the ratio?

like if someone is a 32B would it look like they had bigger boobs than a 38B?

hmm.. I guess it would, seeing as its the same size boob on a smaller person..

so I think 38B is small (in comparison) to the others..

• It's "normally" 28-30-32-34-36-40-42-44

44 is personally the highest I've seen while 28 is the lowest I've seen. After those two, you normally have to have custom made

Here's how it works:

A 36C is somewhat the equivalent to a 34D

A 34C would be the equivalent to a 32B

You just have to learn the pattern.

These equivalents continue on, but they ARE NOT always the case before some retards attack. Not always the case.

38 B means you're a B cup, but your back strap is 38ish inches. That is chubby/big, so if you lose weight the size might go down to a 36B then 34B or you might go down to a 36A or 34A

The only difference is the strap

• i don't have fat around my chest tho, I feel my ribs/bones and they stick out that far... :( I guess naturally its bigger

• Just looking at this answer makes me think one needs some algebra experience just to figure it all out. :P

• just a little haha

• The number is the measurement around the chest just under the breast. The letter is the cub/breast size. So the 32 girl is a slimmer girl while the 38 is not as slim but they both have a similar breast size.