Question about body piercing?

I am still in high-school and I am thinking about getting a piercing. However my problem is my parents won't know about it. The type of piercing I am going to get is on the hip so they won't exactly see it. I was just wondering if it was a good idea. Also if anyone has one could you tell me how much pain it caused, how to take care of it and things like that.

Thanks :)

Most Helpful Girl

• My brother got a piercing without permission, but it was on the face and my mum went bonkers ! Haha :) What I'm worried about is what happens when you go to the beach with your parents or something? But then again, it says your aged 18-24, if that's true then I think you should tell your parents that your old enough to make your own decisions. Don't yell at them though, it'll make things worse and they won't think you're mature enough to do what you want. Be rational. But make sure that this is what you want, and don't let it get infected if you get it. Hope that's helps :)

• Oh My God! I feel so bad for your brother. Yeah my parentals would probably rage! I would die if it got infected but oh well these things happen :) Thanks for the answer :) x

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 8

• if you're in high school you're probably not over 18 and would need their consent depending on your state.

and in high school, hip piercings seem like too much. like you're just doing it to be cool. I would imagine it would cost a lot and that you would need your parents' money.

i'd say wait until you're not afraid about your mom and dad finding out. ;)

• If you're under 18 you need consent from someone, (doesn't necessarily have to be your parents). Anyways, I'd never get a hip piercing personally but they are really cool. I would assume it would be around 50 just depends where you go, and make sure it doesn't get infected so take care of it.

As for not telling your parents, I think you should.. have you ever mentioned it to them? are you sure they would be opposed to the idea.

• If you're 18-24, why don't you just tell your parents that you are going to get it. You don't need their permission, and they will probably find out eventually anyways.

The person who pierces you will tell you how to take care of it and all the info that you need.

I haven't had my hip pierced, but I've had other piercings, and they all hurt a little, but it's only for a second.

• If you are under 18 you need parent consent. They made me give them my license, and my dad's license when he took me to get my belly button done. Be careful where you go if you're just going to get it done... make sure it's clean place and not just a place that'll do it because you're underage. If the hip thing is a dermal it could become infected. They'll generally give you the option to buy salt water spray and antibacterial soap to clean it with so it doesn't become infected. If you go to a good place they'll tell you all about how to take care of it.

• i wouldn't do it personally becuase I did that once but it was my belly botton and when my parents found out they didn't like the idea very much, and you should really get it pro because I know this girl in 11th grade that had her friends do her hips and she has scars all over because they didn't do it right so I would wait a little longer I know it sucks to wait.. but its all worth the wait and you have something to look forward to when your older!(:

• no I heard those can get infected

• then get a fake

• YouTube it