I feel so ugly and I don't know what to do?

I just do. I just compare myself to everyone and I feel like I will always be below and uglier than everyone else. I do my make up and hair and I still think I look awful. I feel so inadequate. All over fb and tumblr I see pictures of pretty girls, they all have big eyes, pouty lips, small noses and flawless skin, not to mention flawless make up and hair. I think that part that gets me the most if that I know some of it is photoshop, but I still can't get by it. I just don't know what to do. I don't have thin lips, but they aren't big either and they look kind of weird. And I have a chubby face which I hate because it covers up my face structure and makes me look kind of fat. I just don't know how to build my confidence and self esteem when every girl around me is so god damn pretty. It also doesn't help that I've always been dumped by guys for other girls and it's incredibly frustrating. I feel like I'm not good enough :(

Most Helpful Girl

• well I'm definitely not ugly but I'm fat and I dwell on that so I feel your pain. the best you can do is to stop comparing yourself to others, and focus on the positive attributes that you do have. focusing on what you don't have isn't going to get you anywhere and its only going to make you feel bad. look in the mirror and find things that you do like about yourself, even if you're not conventionally pretty. more important, realize that you're more than your physical self and focus on all the great things about you. not everyone has the qualities that you have and you need to realize that.

looks can be deceiving, you don't know all the problems those girls have and you don't know what theyre like.it doesn't matter, stop intentionally comparing yourself to girls you think are perfect. I think you should see a psychologist though if you think every girl around you is pretty and you're the only ugly one. talk to someone who is trained to help you. maybe it relates to other deeper issues that they can help you identify and resolve.

What Guys Said 2

• Can't help, show off your boobs and stuff and guys will think your more attractive

• just give up!

What Girls Said 2

• You are going to have to stop and tell yourself to stop comparing as soon as it starts. Literally, in your mind out loud say stop and focus on something irrelevant and unrelated until the thought goes away. It's unhealthy to compare and even the pretty girls would feel inadequate, there's always going to be someone prettier or someone who has what you don't have, and you only make yourself feel bad by comparing, so stop! force your mind to stop or try looking at things you like like your hair or your eyes or your personality whatever, and think about those!

Also, going to the gym for a bit of exercise helps with the good endorphins making you feel good, if you are down.

:) Remember, everyone looks different and in the real world so many people look for so many different things so there's probably TONS of guys who find you stunning, you just have to work it!

• Smile and be friendly! I'm not at all pretty and still people think I'm at least cute... All that matters is the way you present yourself. As long as you have a positive outlook on life people will automatically think you're sweet, and at some point they will start to regard you as pretty too :)