What you guys think about this new kind of dresses?

link

Like girls would you wear it? why and why not?

They are supposed to make you look thinner...

Guys nice or not?

I just used that as an example of a cut out dress...just showing skin in a not so obvious place...

and of course you need to be thin in that area that is on display otherwise it doesn't make sense... I meant it makes you that is already thin, thinner...

could be something like this

link

or this

link

Most Helpful Girl

• I love dresses like that. I have a couple of them and they make me feel so subtly sexy. So much emphasis is put on how big your boobs or butt are but I love that those dresses accentuate the beauty of a woman's flat stomach or the curve on her side. It's like they expand the beauty of a woman's body with fashion.

However, if you have a lot of tummy, that dress is not going to make you look thinner. No offense or anything. But if you have a lot of tummy, your tummy is just going to spill out of the cut-outs

• I totally agree, I mean it's revealing but not a sexual part of you just that nice woman ribs if you don't have fat in there of course when I said make you look thinner I meant you that isn't fat already lol...

so do you where them during the day too?everywhere?

• I usually only wear them to the club or if I'm just having a day at the beach, at an amusement park, or on a date maybe. I don't wear them to school or family bbq's

What Guys Said 27

• This doesn't make any sense.

If a woman needs to wear special clothing to make herself look thin, it stands to reason that she isn't thin, which means that wearing clothing with big gaping holes is probably not in her best interest.

• :) now You make sense

• So it fixes a non-existent problem?

It's funny, the more I learn about women, the less sense they make.

• no it just make you look thinner lol but of course you got be thin to use it...

yeah its complicated got be one to understand one

• this dress has holes in it, it's no wonder girls are always freezing and stealing our jackets

• yeah many dresses now are like that I just used that as an example... not sure if I would wear it

• hahahahaha I laughed at this one.

• You know what also makes someone look thinner? The gym. The dress looks okay, kind of like something a girl in the 60s would wear.

• I quite like it. I think it's cute. It looks like the sort of thing Jess in New girl ( link would wear :) It is a bit old-fashioned, but not so much that it's not nice.

But if you're fat, it wouldn't look good. It would suit people who have big-ish hips I think and someone who is curvy but doesn't have much of a waist. Basically, if you have an hourglass figure, it will emphasise it even more, if you don't, it might look OK or it might just emphasise how fat you are.

• i agree...can't see your link :(

• ...make an decent looking girl look unattractive if she doesn't have nice skin. I don't think in general they make girls look skinnier, just shows off more of their body :)

• Hi, could you do me a quick favour pls? I'm in the final round of a competition to volunteer round the world for a year. You can see my entry at: www.gvi.co.uk/round-world-gvi-tom-mower (I'm Tom Mower, I have a fake name on GAG so I can talk openly)

The winner is decided by a vote on Facebook ( link until THIS FRIDAY 18th May. So could you do me a huge favour and vote for me? It only takes 30 seconds and I would really appreciate it!

Thanks:D

• For the first one you linked, it looks good. The second one I don't like (the twist in the fabric makes it look like you have been stabbed and someone twisted the knife in you). The third is pretty. I like the little side panels and the cross fabric. Would make for an interesting mix of sensations on touch when resting hands on a girl while wearing it.

• If you have the body for it, it's really hot.

• It's cool I guess. However, I feel like only a very specific type of girl could pull this off. You have to have just the right body for it.

• what is that exactly? like no body fat on that area that I agree otherwise would be odd

• Pretty much. You just have to have well defined and smooth hips/curves. If your hips are a bit to high, or you have to much extra fat in or around that area its just going to look weird. Basically you have to be proportioned in the exact way the dress was made otherwise the slits aren't going to sit in the right spots of your body.

• Weird dress. Should give some interesting tanning patterns...

Not my kind of thing.

• I think it can look cute if you have that hourglass figure or very sexy wast/hips.

• It's awful. Apart from the cut-outs in the sides, it actually looks very old-fashioned, and extremely cheap (polyester = ick!) - kind of like a supermarket uniform or something.

• lol ok...that's why I found it interesting

• Re: Updates - don't like those either. They're boring and ugly. Cut-outs only work on dresses that are supposed to be sexy.

eg. link link link

• I disagree but everyone has the right to their opinion its just a matter of being more open minded those dresses you showed the link are already too sexy because they are tight with a cut is way too much

• Just another way to show their body off. Not only do men get to see cleavage, they're also presented with the possibility of underneath and side boob.

Personally I'm not entirely impressed with this outfit.

Meh do what you want I don't care long as you're happy in it then don't worry about others.

FYI Ladies, if you do where outfits that show off your curves. Don't get upset at the guy you don't consider attractive when he checks you out.

You're putting yourself out there, you're showing off. Just be happy and let the guys be guys and drool.

• its not like you are showing your boobs or your ass it's just ribs...

• they cut out pieces of the dress, so you get less of what you paid for alright! one sq foot of clothing. if you're already thin and you want to look thinner it'll make you look abnormal and unhealthy which isn't good.

• I like them

• Hmm, not sure about that... I mean if you're fat then you're going to look fat with this dress too. Not nice.

• that is HOT.

please wear this girls, please!

• I kind of this its cute and nice. Although the cut out on the sides is a bit weird, if it were just white where the cut out is it would be fairly nice.

• Looks kinda retarded to be honest.

• lol

• naw

• I agree it'll look bizarre

• It would look great on my floor. The women I go for wouldn't wear these dresses. Though I can see why people might like them because it gives the illusion of that hourglass figure when she doesn't have it.

• If you like it then it suits you :)

• The hell? Those are weird.

• The first one is OK. The second one, not so much. It looks as if it ripped and you were too cheap to throw it out. The third one's the best. I'm sure that one'll look great.

• Hmm hard to say, it would be easier if they showed someone wearing it

• Ehh, not a huge fan. It isn't bad, but I wouldn't say it's nice.

• First one is alright, I don't like the second.

• hmm I honestly could care less

• I think its cool. Guys don't notice detail much. Make sure you have the right body for any dress though.

• If you want to look thinner, eat less food.

What Girls Said 50

• I kind of like them - but I'd never wear them myself.

I think they only look good on very few girls, and I'm definitely not one of them.

• If I could pull it off I'd wear it. Not to look thinner since I'm pleased with my weight and shape.. but it could look good. All depends on who's wearing it though, so it's difficult to say.

• I really like them and would definitely wear one, but I feel like its a very trendy thing that not all people would appreciate. As for making you look skinnier, I don't really think that's true. As with pretty much all clothes, if you're skinny, you'll look skinny in the them, and if you're not, you won't. Actually, if you were overweight, this dress might only emphasize it because the fat might push out the sides a bit.

• Honestly? I would NEVER touch anything like that! Besides the fact that they are really ugly, they look like something a house wife would wear

• Yeah I have a few! Luv them

They neccesarily make you look thinner but they draw attention to your waist and give an illusion of a narrower waist because of the cuts pointing in. Is draws attention to your flat stomach and curves!(or if you don't have curves, it creates the illusion of curves lol)

• Guess you are a modern girl :) do you only use this dresses at night? where do you use them?

• Aha yeah I guess you could say that

It depends on the dress. I have a maxi dress with two cutouts that I wear for formal occasions and I also have a beachy dress with cutouts that I wear casually

• Its a nice dress !

• I love cutout dresses.

• when and where do you wear them?

• A lot. I have one from Urban Outfitters and it has cutouts/crisscross in the back and I wear it to school sometimes, and when I go out in the sun.

• I saw a dress like this on a woman, but she was one of the professional dancers from Dancing with the Stars and she already has a great figure. Honestly, I think this dress takes a daring and quirky personality to pull off and I wouldn't count on it making you look thinner. It would probably accentuate any flaws you have in your mid-section.

• I love the cut out style of the dress, but I think the color and style of the dress is boring and plain. The style looks like something my barbie would have worn with her little plastic white shoes lol The cut out style is very subtly sexy if you have the body to pull it off, but these dresses would look so much better...

link

link

link

I love the blue one. I really could care less what guys think about it, I love wearing dresses like that. Usually when girls want to be sexy and show some skin, they'll wear a dress that shows cleavage or makes their butt look big, but it's nice to cover those up and reveal a different sexiness about a woman's body.

• I love this black and silver one link it would look hot with red shoes :)

@update, those second links are much better lol

• despite you thinking it looks tacky/trashy. You're not the fashion police. You don't get to determine what's tacky/trashy and what's stylish and attractive for everyone, men included.

• Good answer :)

• i think it's totes cute, in like a weird, quirky way though. Like something that would look good on the Zooey Deschanel type. I'd wear it, yeah

• Eww, for rolls to come out on the sides?

I could make that myself instead of buying one.

link -- WTF? Why are they cutting clothes up like this.. -__-"

• Umm I disagree with you saying that it makes girls look thinner. You're implying that it makes ALL girls of all shapes and sizes look thinner. I mean yeah you're right IF it were to be fit for a girl who has the right body shape and size to work it out. But for a girl who has hip flabs and love handles, I don't think it would look just as flattering.

Just stating the obvious.

• I am not implying it can make anyone thinner obviously if you have extra fat on those areas it will only make you look ridiculous so like said what is obvious

• LOL yeah I knew that, just wanted to state what I thought. I do like the dress, it's an interesting style and cut. I do see girls wearing it to nightclubs, only that their ones are black and more tight-fitting lol.

• Some dresses with the cut out holes on the sides can look really good on the right girl. But this dress would look bad on any girl. It's downright ugly.

• its ugly, and its not going to make you thinner, if you have fat on the sides

• @update that just looks like an oversized t-shirt, and the other one is okay not my style though

• I wouldn't wear it no.

I think you would have to be quite slim to wear something like that. If you had even a little weight problem, it would show it off too much.

Plus, I don't think I'd like to have skin there exposed, would feel strange on a windy day.

• sure,why not,i've worn weirder sh*t. the color is a bit...tacky,but it's doable

• I think they're pretty cute.. not a fan of the 2nd but the 1st and 3rd I'd wear.

• I probably wouldn't wear it, but I think some girls could definitely pull it off.

• Goodness, those are so unnecessary. Not only is that a far cry from cute, but really, do you need to have your sides cut out? For the mere sake of having them cut out? What happened to a little dignity, ladies?

• well the cuts isn't in an innapropriate place so why you meantion dignity?

• i think they aren't trashy some are but not those...but its a matter of perspective

• They're unnecessary. They're not necessarily trashy as in whorish. They're just downright unfashionable. Unless we take Oscar Wilde's definition of a fashion and replace "six months" wiht "six minutes", in which case, I agree.

• some of them are alright. I'd consider wearing a cutout dress if it was cute... I don't really love any of those three, but I've seen cute ones before.

• Love it. Def. would wear it, not to school though.

• Nope.

Definitely would not wear it.

It looks like you can't afford a good dress so you have to buy one with holes.

And I don't believe you have to show that much skin to look nice

• they look nice

• THAT LAST DRESS ITS HELLA AWESOME!

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Omg It looks like someone cut up a costume from Little House on the Prairy!

• nope. I don't like it, plus I wouldn't want my tummy out.

• thats for very thin girls its not to make you thinner... if you're fat or chubby it'll show!

• It's alright. I don't see fat people wearing it. It shows more (rolls,stretch marks) & it definitely doesn't make you thinner.

In all honesty, I'd wear it to the beach but no where else.

• I WOULD MOST DEFINITELY WEAR THAT DRESS. THEY LOOK UNIQUE. AND IT LOOKS VERY OUTSTANDING...

• cool where would you wear them and when?

• I would wear them on birthdays with my girlfriends. Like a day out. Like a celebration day or a special event or something haha

• Some cut out dresses are okay but the link you put is horrid.

This one link is nicer, especially if you have a body like that!

• More from Girls
    20