How come some girls can't wear high heels for long hours?

i love heels I feel so chic wearing them but after 3 hrs my feet, back and body hurt so bad, its like intolerable pain, at first I thought it was my weight may be because I'm on the thick side, but my friend is super skinny like double 00 and weighs 99lbs and even she can't wear heels for more than 3 hrs.

how come other women can pull off heels for hours and hours and others cant?

i feel the most pain on bottom middle of the foot and on the heel! the arch too! and then my calf muscles start hurting and my back and ugh its disaster

121

Most Helpful Girl

• High heels hurt my feet too, and I'm guessing it's because I almost never wear them. When you wear a certain type of shoe for long periods of time and get used to wearing them, you unconsciously change the way you walk to adapt to the shoe, making it easier to stay in them for longer.

Part of the battle is probably in finding shoes that actually support your feet appropriately. Of course you're going to be in pain if your shoes don't fit or put pressure somewhere that they're not supposed to! Shoe supports and inserts can help some with that.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 1

• Funny thing is I have the same symptoms when I wear certain shoes.

Its probably because you have flat feet (your arch is lower then it should be )

I would recommend getting gel insoles for heels by Dr. Schools

Plus try wearing wedges because then your weight is distributed more because the area of the wedge is much larger than the area of a heel.

What Girls Said 11

• Some girls' bodies just can't tolerate it. I can wear heels all day long and I'm 5'4" and 110 lbs. I don't think it has much to do with your weight unless you are really big. It's just how your body adjusts to wearing them, because heels really do take a toll on your legs and back.

• It's because our bodies are not meant to be elevated that way. Anything higher than a couple inches can cause damage to your body if you wear the heels for prolonged periods of time.

Some people have better luck than others, and it really also depends on the shoe. Some shoes have more support and a better design than others. I have no luck finding heels. I mostly wear flats.

• I guess it depends. I guess you have to get your foot used to the arch. Start with low heels and go taller once you get more comfortable in them. My mom has always worn heels evrday since she was a teen. She says she can't walk in flat shoes now though. So I guess you have to get used to them

• A lot of it has to do with where you put a majority of the pressure on your feet. That, in turn, will bring down the rest of your body. If you are putting pressure on spots that you normally don't when you are wearing regular shoes, that could be why it is uncomfortable. When I'm wearing heels and they start to bother me, I will focus on it for a second and try to put pressure on a different part of my feet.

• yea but after like 5 hrs...standing in place or walking around...i can't take the pain anymore...do you think its all about getting used to it? like you wear flats or sneakers for the most part of your life then you start wearing heels and bam...its painful and a disaster

• After you adjust to them, you can wear them all the time. If you want to try adjusting to them bit by bit, you should vacuum or sweep with them on. Slip them on when you go to the bathroom or if you have to walk outside for a bit. Don't try adjusting to them by wearing them for a long period of time in one day.

• Some women will cope with the pain just to look sexy.

One day we were shopping and a tall, skinny girl had 6 inch heels on...the question you are asking came to my mind. As she left the store and was walking across the parking lot she pulled off those heels.

• Depends on the heels try shoes that have a heel under 2 inches, a little more bearable and better for your body.

Personally I like higher heels, just look better to me.. I have a few pairs that are quite high that I haven't had a problem with and actually think they are quite comfortable. I suppose for some it just depends on your tolerance.

• Totally depends on the heel. Some heels will put me in debilitating pain, whilst others I can wear for ages. Usually wedges or shoes with thicker heels and a bit of a platform (open toe or strappy) are the most comfortable.

• same here, I can do wedges and open toe, but anything else like stilettos or thinner heels, even if theyre short I can't go more than 3 hrs...=[ it sucks because I feel like the thinner heels are more sexy lol

• no, I should try some thanks!

• No prob :D

• Good quality heels make a difference as well as wearing hosiery with them will help and make your legs look sexy to men. 3 hours on your feet in any shoe can be uncomfortable.

• Its designed to ruin our backs

• They have no sole support and I have yet to put a liner to see if they heelp..the geln commerical is tempting but I don't want to spend money

• it may depend on the shape of your foot, as well as your coordination. some may just tolerate the pain more than others. there are also inner soles and stuff that make heels more bearable, try the drugstore. look for dr scholls stuff