Can not wearing makeup make my skin look better?

I don't have bad skin, just some occasional spots around my time of the month. But my skin is kind of dull and uneven so I wear foundation to make it look better, and it looks really good when I wear makeup. But today I was thinking about it and I realized I actually wear foundation all the time. I feel very insecure and self-conscious without it. The more I think about it, the more I realize how dependent I've become on makeup. So I've decided to stop wearing any for a couple of weeks and see how I feel at the end of it.Are there any girls out there who have tried going without makeup for some time? I've heard that you can improve the condition of your skin if you stop wearing makeup and that makes sense - anybody have any personal experience with this? What was it like going without makeup?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• it depends. makeup can make your skin look better sometimes, because it acts as a barrier from the environment. however, obviously not putting makeup on your skin means not coating it with unnecessary gunk can help as well. i love makeup. I'm not going to swear off it, but I really don't wear it usually. I'm trying to get my skin to be perfect. (probably not going to happen) its pretty good right now and most people say I don't need foundation anyway (which doesn't actually matter to me, but its nice to hear). i don't know that you will necessarily improve the condition of your skin, though. not everyone has skin issues, not all makeup leads to skin issues, etc. its more likely that if you take care of your skin and have an appropriate regimen for YOUR skin, and wear makeup that suits your skin as well, eat a balanced diet and consume things that are thought to help skin, drink lots of water, and are gentle in removing makeup, that you will have good skin and improve the condition of it. if you use products that don't work well with your skin, whether its cleanser, makeup, moisturizer, scrub, etc. you will experience some negative affect on your skin. makeup is no different from anything else. its like putting styling product in your hair everyday. not using the styling product is not going to automatically improve your hair. depending on the quality of the product you're using (if its some amazing great-for-hair styling product), it may do the opposite. you can eat a good meal, exercise, take hair vitamins, condition and moisturize as necessary, and still use that styling product and it may or may not negatively affect you. however, it is much easier to fix your skin without adding on makeup. that's a given. if your makeup is high quality or medicated, it could have positive effects on your skin though. in any case, if you're not doing all the other things you need to do to improve your skin, unless your makeup is some specifically horrifying formula or just not a good brand or formula for your face or you sleep with makeup on, it won't make much of a difference if you stop wearing it.

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share opinion!

Earn 1 extra Xper Point for being the first!!

What Girls Said 3

• I used to be the same way. I stopped caring and go out with no makeup most of the time. I don't think it really improves your skin unless you're the type who doesn't wash it off properly and when you're supposed to (this causes breakouts). I've noticed what I eat and drink improves how my skin looks though.

• I stopped wearing foundation around my senior year in high school. It felt great! I don't have to worry about washing it off every night or it coming off during P.E and reapplying it again. - I'm slightly allergic to make up. I have a couple blemishes due to wearing foundation. Now, they're clearing up. My skin is pretty nice and clear now. Now, I just put on face moisturizer (depending on the weather) and eyeliner.. And I'm good to go. Wearing less to no make will let your pores breathe through the day and not just at night alone. Try Bare Minerals, I hear that was good. I have no experience with it though. I never bothered.. - Try putting on make every other day and start minimizing your usage of it as you go.

• I used to wear makeup, and I have the same thing as you. I stopped applying it, got neutrogena pack thingie from walmart, and BAM no spots. I feel clean.