Why is an 'ugly' girl called nasty if she is clean?

I am very clean, I wear nice clothes, I do my hair and I have very white and straight teeth. I am fit. I shave, and I am actually getting laser hair removal soon, just because I hate shaving. And yet because I have an ugly face I am considered nasty. Guys will laugh at me, and call me ugly, a dog, but the worst insult of all is "nasty". I would understand if I went around stinky and all, but I am very hygienic and I'm not sloppy. The only problem is, I wasn't lucky enough to be born with a pretty face. I don't see how that should make me nasty though.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't let the haters get you. People will judge and always have something smart to say. That is one thing I learned. It sounds like your working on yourself which is good. One day you will find a guy that will like you for who you are. Everythign doesn't always have to be about looks. It's just sad because society has put such high standards on appearance. I bet the people that are syaing thigns about you that they don't look so hto themselves. We have imperfections about ourselves that we wished we can changed. I doubt that you can't look ugly. Everybody definition of ugly is different. It's just the area you live in. I bet if you visited another area that it might be different. Have you thought baout tyring a frre online dating website?

What Guys Said 5

• guys like to make joke comments like that, yes, it's cruel, if

you can, try to ignore it, of course it's always more comforting

to get compliments, but that won't happen (probably) if you're

not confident in yourself, yup, confidence, it can change

peoples view on a person, based on what you wrote, you're

definitely not "nasty" even if people tell you that. <3

• thats terrible. don't mind that sh*t. you know who you are and they dont. and I bet all of those guys or some secretly wants to have you but too cool to admit it to his "homies". I already like you just by the way you decribed yourself lol

• So total strangers ridicule you? I call that nothing other than rude and I cannot understand why anyone would do that...especially at your age? Sounds more like something a 12-year-old would do. But I would not date a female who had lasered off her pubes...):

• just ignore them, they're stupid

and always remember, its inside beauty that matters

:)

• UGLY MEANS NOT ATTRACTIVE, SIMPLE AS THAT.

• well yeah I kind of figured that one out on my own. But if a person is clean, they shouldn't be called nasty. Nasty is someone who doesn't shower for days, wears the same clothes, stinks... that kind of thing. A person can be unattractive but not 'nasty'

What Girls Said 4

• You should let me give you a makeover. I do makeup and it does wonders if you use it correctly. That guy in the elevator was an ass so just ignore that. Your not nasty and most girls have a pretty face cause they wear a shield over it. I believe that beauty comes from within and the right guy will come along. If you want I can show you how I would do your makeup. You can send me a pic and I will tell you what to do.

• is that your work?

The makeup on your face?

It looks amazing, good job.

• Yeah and I do makeup on the side but mostly for friends and family. It's my passion :)

• God knows, those guys sound like complete twats. The best thing to do would be to ignore those comments. They're stupid and probably untrue. And those guys sound pretty immature to me :)

• Maybe your personality leaves something to be desired?

• no it's mostly strangers who do it. like the other day when I was standing in the elevator and one guy says to his friend "there is one for you" and he goes "no she is nasty" they all call me nasty as in to repulsive to want to sleep with. and most people like me who actually know me. I've just never had a boyfriend before because everyone thinks I am ugly. So I've been losing weight, showering twice a day, getting my teeth fixed, I wear contacts now... you know to improve myself but it's not

• smile more?

• lol I don't think that will help. I just find it really insulting. It sucks being called ugly, but I would rather be called than nasty. The one time a guy shuddered when one of my friends introduced him to me for a date and he said "Really, you set me up with her? She is nasty." and then my friend said "Yeah but she is really nice, and she'd never cheat on you like your ex" and he laughed and said "yeah because no one else wants her" so he'd take a cheater over me. He hooked back up with her.

• the though of having sex with an ugly girl is nasty. That's it! plan an simple.