Have you ever had a bad haircut?

I have :(. I used to have long curly hair, then a few days ago I decided that I'd get it cut a little, get rid of the split ends and all that. So, I asked my hairdresser for two inches off. Oh my, she turned out to be a crazy hairdresser and ended up chopping like 5-6 inches off and adding hideous layers so that I now resemble a mushroom. I'm actually so upset and I totally regret cutting it :'(. What about you guys? Have you ever had a bad haircut? And what did you do about it?

• Yes, it was so bad! :'(
  • Nope, my stylist is a god/goddess :D

Most Helpful Guy

• I've never had a bad experience like that myself, but my hair is fairly short anyway! lol I understand that girls are generally more sensitive about their hair than guys though, but all I can suggest is that you style it as best you can and hopefully it'll not take to long to grow back to its original length. I'm sure you can make it look really nice and perhaps next time, try a different hairdresser! lol

I hope you're not to upset about it, but these things can happen and I hope you can make the best of it and just allow it to grow back, and use a different hairdresser next time! :o)

• The only reason I'm upset about it now is that I want my hair to be as long as it was, for prom (such a girl) and that's two months away... so it's highly unlikely :(. Oh well, stupid mistake :T

• Aw, thanks :D

• Well it's true! :o) Glad I could help...

What Guys Said 9

• No, I am incredibly lucky to have a top-shelf stylist who always nails it every time for me. Though, I guess I could say cutting my hair short was a "bad" haircut; not so much the execution of it but more the decision to do so and the underlying motivations. I am grateful to be more hirsute now as it is true to me and won't entertain going short again for any reason.

• Well, that's good. How long did it take you to find your stylist?

• I've had the same one since 2009; so quite a long time I guess you could say.

• Yes.

I wasn't going to pay them. They called the police. The policeman said "what does that sign read?" I said haircut $50- The police said "it doesn't say good haircuts, now pay them"

I gave him my info & said tell them to sue me. This is a civil matter not criminal & walked out.

• Wow. Must have been pretty bad then :p. I didn't really say anything to the hairdresser, she was so happy with it for some reason :(

• She'll just do it again to the next person.

• Ohh, maybe. But once people see what happened to my hair, I doubt they'll go to her again :D

• I actually think my haircuts are usually bad. I "grow into it". I always get it cut short, and I always think it's too short. But luckily hair grows back :)

• Yeah, that's true. Your haircut suits you :)

• Longest I've had is probably a little above my eyes. I don't think I could pull it off :)

• Hm... I agree :p

• yeah he left a ton of hair on the left side but the right side was short...

i didn't notice it cause I was in a rush to get to my first day of uni and when I got there my friends started laughing at me -.-

• Oh no! Did you go back to get it done properly? :D

• nope I just fixed it my self

normally I cut my own hair anyways, this time around I just wanted something more stylish

turned out the exact opposite lol

• Hehehe :p

• once, then I started doing my on hair <3

I won't let anyone else do my hair anymore, lol.

• :) How do you do your hair? Like is it short or long?

• Looks like a nice length :)

• ok, I mainly use a shaver to cut my hair,

because it gives hair a somewhat nice look. (if you do it right)

some friends taught me, girls of course <3

told me they did that themselves, and I liked the outcome.

• i just had a bad permcut yesterday and it cost me 25$ ,though I feel very bad about this ,i have no choice but to cut it off tomorrow .xd

• apparently my hair is really straight so its really hard to cut so it used to get messed up a lot lol

• only all the time.god bless hairproducts lol

• I shaved my head.

Guys are able to do all sorts of weird sh*t to their hair, and it just doesn't matter. So I spent about 5 days bald. Big deal.

What Girls Said 7

• Whenever I had a hairdresser cut my hair, it always turned out horrible - cuts that never suited me. I started cutting my own hair a few years ago and I will keep doing that. If I need help I'll get my mum or sis to help me out. :) Sometimes it's worth experimenting with cutting your own hair if you consider it's probably going to get stuffed up somehow by certain hairdressers. Might as well try to learn it! :) My hair is straight so it's easier for me, not sure how you'd go about doing yours... try? :S

• Haha, I'd probably end up giving myself a lopsided bob or something :p. I think I'm just going to stick with a trim from now on :)

• yesss trims definitely :P I wasn't so scared to cut my own hair because when I style it, I curl it, so that pretty much hides any errors eheh *still in the process of growing out a bad hairstyle/cut from years ago*! If you have anyone with long curly hair in your fam you can practice triming their hair perhaps? :P I'd try to avoid razor sheers when people layer hair because that causes so many split ends, I suggest you try to avoid those too!

• Okay :). I don't think anyone will let me near their hair... I'll just have to cut it when they're sleeping, hehehe :D

• I did once when I cut it myself. I have naturally curly hair so it didn't look bad until I straightened it.

• Yes! I was in high school(during the awesome 80's)and my 'mother' gave me a bad one that I got teased BAD at school. Jerks.

• I am still convinced that my ma just put a bowl on top of my head and cut around it when I was a kid.

What did I do? I rocked the sh*t out of it!

• Haha, I wish I could do the same :T. You have gorgeous hair, by the way :)

• That sounds like a great idea. She should pay for what she's done to my hair... mwahahahaha

• LOL yeah. I was into Criss Angel and I wanted his haircut, but it came out terrible. That was back in late 2008.

• ah :( a couple days ago I asked my hair dresser to trim and angle my hair right? She layered and cut off 6 inches! :'( she made this awkward side bangs too which don't look good on me? I'm wearing hair bands for the next month! I'm SO upset, so I know how ya feel.

idk what to do :(

i reccommend taking biotin (hair growth vitamin)

goodluck!

• Aw, no! I wish hairdressers actually listened :T. Thanks :)

• I did! I cried so hard I showed the guy the picture I wanted, and that a**hole made my hair so short and nothing like picture. Like crew cut short! I died for 6 months.

• Oh no! Poor thing :(. Did he make you pay for it?

• Yes the a**hole saw that I was crying and did not care, but I did not pay. No way. I walked out.